FIRMTYPEs in buildings.dbf

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
eleaza
Level 8 user

Re: FIRMTYPEs in buildings.dbf

Post by eleaza »

David wrote:We will add parks in the next version 4.2.09, which can be built by the city government.

And you will be able to add new parks in the MOD kit.
Looks like I'll have to update my HousesParks mod in the next patch. Even though I already added all the parks in default game as "commercial buildings", and it worked somewhat OK (obviously not the same as the real parks in the game).

BTW, will city built parks purely aesthetic or will they be like sports and civic buildings have service coverage? Or perhaps have other function like reduce pollution?

On a second note, the most difficult "declarations" to mod is actually the trees. Extracting existing trees from the game is quite a task. And even if I am able to extract them all, since they can group up from 1 to 4 trees within the same land tile, the modded tree won't look nature compared to in game tree (or the build menu will be very huge to include all of the variations). And "building tree" really isn't that "logical", then as a painting tool to fill a certain area with trees (or saplings), like in simcity or city skyline. I don't think I would be able to do such a big task. (I know in theory I can use a "tree area" like a "park" with various size of trees in it, but these pre-build tree area won't look as nature as the in game game trees with different density and variations generated from a program, and players won't be able to build over them).
E is for Endear, all cute and cuddly
L is for Luxury, longing for splendid
E is for Elate, making others happy
A is for Amenable, a serene nature
Z is for Zeal, zest for wonderful life
A is for Admirers, all of you love me
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Parks will increase the "green and sports rating" of apartments.
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

David wrote:Parks will increase the "green and sports rating" of apartments.
OK like the original park in the game.

I can go back to paint my pixelart tree. And think about what kind of content would be interesting to add in my mod. Really wish there's an auto-tree generation function in the game. I know there are ways to generate tree figures, but doesn't always fit the art style in the game.
E is for Endear, all cute and cuddly
L is for Luxury, longing for splendid
E is for Elate, making others happy
A is for Amenable, a serene nature
Z is for Zeal, zest for wonderful life
A is for Admirers, all of you love me
Pietro
Mod Contributor
Mod Contributor

Post by Pietro »

For Headquarters the tag one can use => HQ