Tech Research and Product Tech Requirements

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
acf1
Mod Contributor
Mod Contributor

Tech Research and Product Tech Requirements

Post by acf1 »

According to this http://www.capitalismlab.com/modding--- ... ogies.html I should be able to attach pre-requisite technologies to products. However, I can't figure out a way to make it work. I have successfully created a mod where i added a new retail building, so i think i have some understanding as how modding works.

1- How can i make it so my products requires this techs? The modkit folder came already with the configured product_tech.txt file on it.

2.-How can I research the pre-required tech? R&D units seem to only allow product R&D, not technology? How can i research GPS tech for example?

Thanks for the help.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Tech Research and Product Tech Requirements

Post by David »

We have corrected the information on the web page - actually the technology feature will be available in the upcoming Digital Age DLC.

A bit background information here - when we were beta-testing the Subsidiary DLC, we used to include the technology feature in it. But the responses from beta-testers to the feature were lukewarm at best and we have posted a forum post with a poll seeking user's feedback if we should move that feature to the Digital Age DLC instead. With the feedback affirming that, we have thus made the change.

If there are renewed interests from users in this feature for the Subsidiary DLC, we will consider enabling it for both the Subsidiary DLC and Digital Age DLC. Perhaps someone could create a post with a poll about this?
acf1
Mod Contributor
Mod Contributor

Post by acf1 »

David wrote:We have corrected the information on the web page - actually the technology feature will be available in the upcoming Digital Age DLC.

A bit background information here - when we were beta-testing the Subsidiary DLC, we used to include the technology feature in it. But the responses from beta-testers to the feature were lukewarm at best and we have posted a forum post with a poll seeking user's feedback if we should move that feature to the Digital Age DLC instead. With the feedback affirming that, we have thus made the change.

If there are renewed interests from users in this feature for the Subsidiary DLC, we will consider enabling it for both the Subsidiary DLC and Digital Age DLC. Perhaps someone could create a post with a poll about this?
Got it. Thanks for the reply. I was looking forward to this once i saw it on the website as I was trying to mod and create an improved version of the Tech leader scenario. Now I'm disappointed this won't be possible until the new DLC comes out.

Just I thought, if I may: You could enable it as an option under Subsidiaries DLC for Technologies relevant to the physical products already part of the game; and enable the technology relevant to software and internet when the new Digital Age DLC comes out. Hope this is possible. I don't think to many people responds to polls if they are not testing the beta program.

Thanks!!!!
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

We have just released patch v4.3.09 which enabled the technology feature in Subsidiary DLC (Modding required to add content to take advantage of the feature.)

For more details, please see: http://www.capitalismlab.com/modding--- ... ogies.html

You may download the patch from: http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... f=7&t=4018