MOD: Cross Breeding 0.1 beta

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
Rusty Gamer
Level 2 user

MOD: Cross Breeding 0.1 beta

Post by Rusty Gamer »

I know this is a daft idea but i have a bizarre sense of humour.

From the little I have perused modding, it appears for farms that you can define livestock and connect to a manufacturing process where you can define what is produced- frozen meat, leather etc.

What I would like is the ability to connect TWO livestock to a manufacturing process and that process would cross breed those two animals to create a new animal. It doesn't look like the ability is there to do that currently. Could have some real modding fun and a laugh. The new animals could also have their own things to produce.

I tried selling cattle from a farm to be able to buy them at a factory to perhaps do a mod via a factory. No go! Would the developers consider the ability to be able to sell animals from the farm? This opens another possibility, being able to build a farmers market. Farmers often meet to sell their various surplus livestock to other farmers.

UPDATE: Have now created 0.1 of my cross breeding mod. You can create Prime livestock now on farms. NB: Only pigs can produce leather now. I needed that third processing slot for prime livestock.
I wish to upload it but it will only allow me 10MB, and it is about 11.
Last edited by Rusty Gamer on Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rusty Gamer
Level 2 user

Re: Cross Breeding ability

Post by Rusty Gamer »

I've thought about this some more and I think to create livestock for selling under the current limitations, we could simply create a new manufacturing product for each livestock, which would be a prime version for the livestock which could then be sold at a farmer's market. So cattle could produce prime cattle etc.

The prime livestock could then also be used in a factory for cross-breeding, by connecting two different types of prime livestock, creating exotic animals also for sale and/or to produce their own products.

If I go ahead with this, I will probably create two new product types - Prime Livestock and Exotic Animals.
Rusty Gamer
Level 2 user

Re: Cross Breeding ability

Post by Rusty Gamer »

On further inspection I have noticed that we are limited to 3 products from each livestock. However 3 of the 4 standard livestock all produce leather. I could limit that to pigs giving a free third slot for all the livestock to produce their prime version.
Rusty Gamer
Level 2 user

Re: MOD: Cross Breeding 0.1 beta

Post by Rusty Gamer »

I can't upload my MOD as it says I can't upload more than 10MB yet I see that Realworld is 26.4MB and has been uploaded. How is this?
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

Rusty Gamer wrote:I can't upload my MOD as it says I can't upload more than 10MB yet I see that Realworld is 26.4MB and has been uploaded. How is this?
It is on an online web storage.
E is for Endear, all cute and cuddly
L is for Luxury, longing for splendid
E is for Elate, making others happy
A is for Amenable, a serene nature
Z is for Zeal, zest for wonderful life
A is for Admirers, all of you love me
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

You may try Wikiupload.