How to enable the technology feature in Subsidiary DLC

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

How to enable the technology feature in Subsidiary DLC

Post by David »

For the technology feature in Subsidiary DLC, modding is required to add content to take advantage of the feature.

The details about the feature can be found at: http://www.capitalismlab.com/modding--- ... ogies.html

To create create a MOD with the technology feature, please follow these steps:
1) Download and install the latest version of Capitalism Lab from: http://12299.cdn.beyondhosting.net/capl ... taller.exe

2) In <Your Capitalism Lab> folder\MOD_kit\Data, you will find the file Product_Tech.txt.
If you are happy with the definitions in Product_Tech.txt, go to <Your Capitalism Lab>\MOD_kit folder and run PACK.BAT. It will build an updated CAPMOD.RES.

3) Copy CAPMOD.RES to your <Your Capitalism Lab>\MOD folder and create a file called CAPMOD.TXT. You may download this CAPMOD.TXT file from this post's attachment.

(You may also rename the file names CAPMOD.RES and CAPMOD.TXT if you like, as long as you keep the file extensions the same.)

4) Run the game with Subsidiary DLC enabled, and select the new mod from the mod menu.

If you don't want to build the MOD file yourself, you may also download it from the below link if you are using version 4.4.18:
http://12299.cdn.beyondhosting.net/capl ... thTech.zip
Then extract the file to your <Your Capitalism Lab>\MOD folder
Attachments
CapMOD.zip
(246 Bytes) Downloaded 448 times
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Re: How to enable the technology feature in Subsidiary DLC

Post by Arcnor »

I've noticed something with the Technologies that maybe an error.

I've created a few new technologies and assigned them to new products. In the game, I either purchase the tech R&D from another company or I research it myself but either way when I go to research or even purchase the R&D the related product isn't listed.

In pic 1 below, you see I have the required tech. When I go to try and purchase the product tech from another company (pic 2) it is not listed nor is it available to research as a new product (pic 4).
Attachments
Cap 4 error.PNG
Cap 4 error.PNG (328.84 KiB) Viewed 33263 times
Cap 3 error.PNG
Cap 3 error.PNG (508.19 KiB) Viewed 33263 times
Cap 2 error.PNG
Cap 2 error.PNG (388.84 KiB) Viewed 33263 times
Cap 1 error.PNG
Cap 1 error.PNG (676.67 KiB) Viewed 33263 times
David

Post by David »

There are two Acquire Tech buttons on the interface. Have you tried the other one (please see the attached screenshot) ?

For R&D, you should set up "Tech R&D" units instead of "Product R&D" units in your R&D centers.

BTW, great to see the new progress on your mod. It is definitely getting more interesting!
Attachments
techbutton.png
techbutton.png (184.88 KiB) Viewed 33260 times
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by Arcnor »

I'm having no issue either researching or buying the technology. It's the product technology that I can neither research or purchase no matter what I seem to do. The only way I've been able to obtain the related product technology is to buy out and merge the whole company
David

Post by David »

For a product that is dependent on technologies, you only have to research technologies and the improved technologies will automatically contribute to the product's overall technology.

For example, in your MOD, when you improve the "Accounting Services" tech, it will automatically increase the product tech of "Banking Services".
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by Arcnor »

David wrote:For a product that is dependent on technologies, you only have to research technologies and the improved technologies will automatically contribute to the product's overall technology.

For example, in your MOD, when you improve the "Accounting Services" tech, it will automatically increase the product tech of "Banking Services".
Okay, that makes sense, but without having the Product Tech I'm not able to manufacture the product. Even when my technology is at the required level, it still states that the Product tech is unknown to me.
David

Post by David »

I did a test by using the MOD with technologies and I was able to manufacture the products (camera phones) after having researched the required tech.

See the attached screenshot.

You may download the MOD with tech from the link in the following post and test it and see if it works on your game also:
http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... =39&t=4164

If it works, it means that the tech system is working properly and the problems may be related to the data files of the new mod you are working on.

If you cannot find the cause of the problem after checking your new mod's data, please let me know and I will see if there is any way that I can help.
Attachments
invent.png
invent.png (1.24 MiB) Viewed 33194 times
MagnusA
Level 3 user

Post by MagnusA »

The link given in the original post seems to be dead. Is it this one nowadays? https://www.capitalismlab.com/mod/moddi ... hnologies/