potential in A2 marketing lesson

Discussions about educational uses of Capitalism II
businessteacher
Level 2 user

potential in A2 marketing lesson

Post by businessteacher »

hello
ive just been teaching advnaced marketing which is an A2 topic. its all about extrapolating data in order to try to predict trends in the future etc. the whole unit is centred around analysing markets. i was just thinking it would be great if for product sales the game kind of;

(1) broked sales down into monthly figures
(2) lets you compare products together to see if they have correlation

if the game could let you do this would make it perfect for this unit, as the students could try to predict what they reckon would happen and play the game and see if they predicted right or not (so it would then bring in the ideas of external factors)

this is just my idea for one unit. im planning on trying to introduce the game alot as i think its perfect! well done for making it.

sorry for spelling mistakes writing this in my busy lunch hour
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: potential in A2 marketing lesson

Post by David »

Thanks for the inputs. I will add your ideas to the wish list for educational features for Cap2.

We are now in the process of collecting user feedback and suggestions. When we have a sufficient number of suggestions, we will evaluate and decide which ones should be implemented.

By the way, we are going to compile a list of schools that use Capitalism 2 for teaching. Would you please let us know your name, and the school you are teaching at ?

Thanks,
David