exchange rates

Discussions about educational uses of Capitalism II
businessteacher
Level 2 user

exchange rates

Post by businessteacher »

would be good if there was an exchange rate option to the game (perhaps bring in the idea of different countries to sell your profucts too from seaports etc) again this is another business topic?

would you like me to basically break down the syllabus from some units and try and come up with some ideas as to how the game could incorporate all the different ideas etc.

as a side note how much would the update game cost do you think.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: exchange rates

Post by David »

businessteacher wrote:would be good if there was an exchange rate option to the game (perhaps bring in the idea of different countries to sell your profucts too from seaports etc) again this is another business topic?

We have considered this before but ended up giving up on it as it will make the game too difficult for most players. With multi-currencies enabled, the product prices will vary greatly in different currencies. The decisions to set prices appropriately and determining whether a product is priced reasonably will be very difficult as all this will involve exchange rates calculations.

would you like me to basically break down the syllabus from some units and try and come up with some ideas as to how the game could incorporate all the different ideas etc.

Yes, please. This will be very helpful.

as a side note how much would the update game cost do you think.
That will depend on the amount of new features and content. At this stage, it is still too early to say. All we can say is that we will price it reasonably, correlating to the actual development cost.
businessteacher
Level 2 user

Post by businessteacher »

yes i can see how it might get alittle confusing and hard for some people. was just thinking in relation to the fact that the game already has different towns that you can set up for example i could get iron ore from one town or another. obviously the game already factors in delivery costs (the city that is further away would cost more) was just thinking if you had exchange rates it would bring in another variable.
xflexmanx

Post by xflexmanx »

Even thow you are absolutely right i beg to differ, it's difficult to involve currency situations, there would be too many variables but if you can choose one general currency from a list at the game start, like...euro, yen...and so on it would be interesting.
Another thing would be the cities, can't they be more or offer you...the player...to choose them? It would be great for example to choose your country's capital ;). And also why not use more then 4 cities? but not too many...:P
CapitalismLabStory
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Post by CapitalismLabStory »

I found it interesting how we have cities but we sort of have 1 country. Bank rates are the same throughout (which won't be the case in real life). So adding exchange rate will definitely make it fun as then you can choose the countries etc. and then see how you get hit hard by corruption happening or inflation etc.