Migrating some features

Digital Age DLC for Capitalism Lab

Which DLC the "Product Customization" feature should be included in?

Subsidiary DLC
50%
Information Age DLC
50%

Total votes: 16

David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Migrating some features

Post by David »

With the introduction of the Information Age DLC, it seems to us that it will make sense to move the following features from the Subsidiary DLC to the Information Age DLC, as they are apparently more related to tech than the subsidiary mechanism.

1) Radical R&D (http://www.capitalismlab.com/radical-rd.html)
2) Technologies (http://www.capitalismlab.com/technologies.html)

As for "Product Customization" (http://www.capitalismlab.com/product-customization.html), do you think it should stay with Subsidiary DLC or be moved to the Information Age DLC?
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Re: Migrating some features

Post by cantdownloadit »

depends when they will both be released since I would assume subsidiary will be first... personally as a small company you should release 1 dlc before starting on 2 more.

multiple DLC's also makes modding a lot harder as different versions of mods would be required for each version 0 DLC = 1 version, 1 DLC = 2 versions, 2 DLC = 4 versions, 3 DLC = 8 versions of mod needed.

I probably wouldn't buy subsidiary if it was a long wait for information age since id be getting less of a game than the beta has at the moment... and it wouldn't exactly have many features if you remove customization too. (cant make a final decision until pricing is known)

to me general R&D progress - which customization is, isn't "information age",

I would class information age as - a new technology campus building for technology research, a new HQ research unit that boosts speed of product research in all R&D buildings, new advertising building such as internet media agency, online stores (that can be located anywhere, have higher product turnover and low margins). In my opinion customization doesn't fit any of the DLC's its a base game feature, so you should put it in the first DLC to release.

The game website still mentions technologies, radical R&D and product customization are included in the subsidiary dlc... so you might want to edit that.

(Yes I uninstalled the base game, I only play the beta)
Tufu

Post by Tufu »

Moving R&D/Technologies related features to "information age" makes sense to me, especially if you it means that you will take more time to improve the system and make it something more fun.

At the moment the feature is used with very few products and those products are related to high tech. I understand you rely on modding effort from the players to make it compatible with more products but it is a huge amount of work for very little reward in terms of actual fun in game.

I don't really have suggestions to improve it in it's current state but I allways loved unlocking technologies in other games that have some kind of technology tree. You could also add perks associated with the technologies for existing products. And with this system of technologies "unlocking" stuff it would also make sense to put the product customization in the DLC.

Exemple for the apparel industry :
automatic sewing machine technology : reduces salary expenses in apparel manufacturing units by X%, increases productivity by Y% AND changes the picture for the product.

Without this kind of interactions the product customization doesnt fit into any DLC imo, and should be part of the base game.
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Post by WilliamMGary »

Tufu wrote:Moving R&D/Technologies related features to "information age" makes sense to me, especially if you it means that you will take more time to improve the system and make it something more fun.

At the moment the feature is used with very few products and those products are related to high tech. I understand you rely on modding effort from the players to make it compatible with more products but it is a huge amount of work for very little reward in terms of actual fun in game.

I don't really have suggestions to improve it in it's current state but I allways loved unlocking technologies in other games that have some kind of technology tree. You could also add perks associated with the technologies for existing products. And with this system of technologies "unlocking" stuff it would also make sense to put the product customization in the DLC.

Exemple for the apparel industry :
automatic sewing machine technology : reduces salary expenses in apparel manufacturing units by X%, increases productivity by Y% AND changes the picture for the product.

Without this kind of interactions the product customization doesnt fit into any DLC imo, and should be part of the base game.
I agree that Radical R&D should be moved to this expansion pack.
I agree that Product Customization should be in the base game which will make it available broadly to all players and moders.
anjali
Level 4 user

Post by anjali »

David wrote:With the introduction of the Information Age DLC, it seems to us that it will make sense to move the following features from the Subsidiary DLC to the Information Age DLC, as they are apparently more related to tech than the subsidiary mechanism.

1) Radical R&D (http://www.capitalismlab.com/radical-rd.html)
2) Technologies (http://www.capitalismlab.com/technologies.html)
in my opinion both are more related to information age, would be good to move it there, gives more time to shape it
David wrote: As for "Product Customization" (http://www.capitalismlab.com/product-customization.html), do you think it should stay with Subsidiary DLC or be moved to the Information Age DLC?
would like to see it in the base game like many others stated, as it gonna make the modding much easier else ya gonna spend more time on modding then actual gaming or ya cant play a dlc because the mod doesnt work for it. for myself i wouldnt buy a dlc if i have to rewrite half the game files just to play it, just to buy the next dlc and to rewrite the mod again. but if the mod is compatible with every dlc as moddding is related to products which is base game, ofcourse i am happy to spend the money on the DLC's for some extra futures while still being able to enjoy all the mods
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Thanks to you guys' feedback, we have decided that:
We will move them to the Information Age DLC after the DLC has taken shape. In the meantime, they will stay with the Subsidiary DLC.
As for "Product Customization" (http://www.capitalismlab.com/product-customization.html), do you think it should stay with Subsidiary DLC or be moved to the Information Age DLC?
It will become part of the base game. This change will be made in the next patch v3.1.02.