Services

Digital Age DLC for Capitalism Lab
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Services

Post by Arcnor »

Not sure if this is what the development team had in mind, but a lot of today's modern service industries are based on the Information Age.

I would like to be able to set up and sell my own tv subscriptions, Internet access, or cell phone plans.
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Re: Services

Post by WilliamMGary »

Arcnor wrote:Not sure if this is what the development team had in mind, but a lot of today's modern service industries are based on the Information Age.

I would like to be able to set up and sell my own tv subscriptions, Internet access, or cell phone plans.

Love the Idea of building a Cell Company. TV Subscriptions & Internet Access sounds like it could be part of Media Companies expansions.
rhoussami
Level 2 user

Post by rhoussami »

yes!! cell phone companies, we should be able to research better networks and we can open up cell phone shops and sell phones through there!!

1 way to do it is we can just sell "prepaid Cards" so they cost you X amount and you sell them for what ever the demand is based on the population of the city.

2 if your gonna do plans its a bit hard because how are you gonna set those up and how do we compete against each other? i think the more you research the network so you have a hire quality then you can price your monthly subscription plan

but now we can branch into a bunch of things such as accessories for the phones as products!
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by Arcnor »

There are various business models that could be added to the game that is currently lacking. Most of these are in the service industries, but also the game does not have any banking.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

We are currently working on some concepts for Internet companies for this DLC. We hope to post some work-in-progress screenshots for you guys to comments soon.