Advanced Product Customization

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Advanced Product Customization

Post by David »

You may use the new Grouping function to assign custom products to specific groups. Each group is exclusively owned by a single company.

Using this function, you can make custom products exclusive to individual companies and therefore making the game even more realistic.

For details, please see this web page on the official website: http://www.capitalismlab.com/advanced-p ... ation.html
Attachments
Group Id with colors.jpg
Group Id with colors.jpg (110.68 KiB) Viewed 744 times
David

Re: Advanced Product Customization

Post by David »

therealevan wrote:While today the major tech giants such as HP, IBM, Apple, Microsoft and several others give absolute dominance to the computing & technology fields, what if we zoom back to the late 90s to early 2000s where smaller ventured companies made strides in fighting over computing market shares.

To name a few:
Compaq
Gateway
Dell (still in operation)
eMachines
MicronPC
Packard Bell

Prior to the massive technology bubble in 2000, these companies (and many more!) battled not only on the stock market but in the retail sectors as well. I grew up in the Seattle area, during several years (before/after 2000) these companies had giant retail complexes to sell just their products, within 15 miles of my house there were 11 computer retailers. While today many of these companies have been gobbled up by the winners, their legacies remain intact by the old school computer enthusiasts.
You may use this new Grouping function to define custom product images for the Compaq brand, Gateway brand and etc.

For instance, you may assign Group 1 to images of different models of Compaq computers.

p.s. If anyone has an intention to create a MOD on this using the latest function in this Digital Age DLC, you may PM (private message) me and I will try to get the dev team's permission to let you access a very early build of this DLC for starting to build the MOD.
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Post by WilliamMGary »

David wrote:
therealevan wrote:While today the major tech giants such as HP, IBM, Apple, Microsoft and several others give absolute dominance to the computing & technology fields, what if we zoom back to the late 90s to early 2000s where smaller ventured companies made strides in fighting over computing market shares.

To name a few:
Compaq
Gateway
Dell (still in operation)
eMachines
MicronPC
Packard Bell

Prior to the massive technology bubble in 2000, these companies (and many more!) battled not only on the stock market but in the retail sectors as well. I grew up in the Seattle area, during several years (before/after 2000) these companies had giant retail complexes to sell just their products, within 15 miles of my house there were 11 computer retailers. While today many of these companies have been gobbled up by the winners, their legacies remain intact by the old school computer enthusiasts.
You may use this new Grouping function to define custom product images for the Compaq brand, Gateway brand and etc.

For instance, you may assign Group 1 to images of different models of Compaq computers.

p.s. If anyone has an intention to create a MOD on this using the latest function in this Digital Age DLC, you may PM (private message) me and I will try to get the dev team's permission to let you access a very early build of this DLC for starting to build the MOD.
David what does the team field about making all MODs available in the base game? Like why does this group function has to be tied to Digital Age? I personally feel that the base game should have all the modding abilities so that when a mod comes out it is accessible to the entire game base.
David

Post by David »

It is because this Grouping function is linked to other new features that are under development in the Digital Age DLC. We will announce the new features once they have been implemented and proven to work in a way that we expected.