New feature: eCommerce

Digital Age DLC for Capitalism Lab
Spac3y
Level 5 user

Re: New feature: eCommerce

Post by Spac3y »

eleaza wrote:
Spac3y wrote:About warehouses David.

I find that i just cant fill inventorys. With an input of 9 and an output of 9 inventory never fills. I also find if I try and add another input from a differrent factory it feels like the inventory gets confused (how can it stock two seperate manufactured products in one inventory) so I feel like the actual inventory function in warehouses is actually pointless. Its only decent if you have one input going into it and the deman for the product is less than supply.
Do you suggest changing the warehouse inventory unit so 1 single unit can store more than 1 type of product?

As to the function of the inventory unit, it's there to absorb fluctuation, facilitate the upstream factory utilization, or even as a visual indicator that you have insufficient supply (when it's empty it obviously means your can not meet the down stream demand, you are not making money as you should, just increase the price or increase the upstream supply). And the last and the most important function is as a connection node in a very high throughput central warehouse that have like 5 input and 3 output (you can not aggregate 5 input 3 output evenly without using the inventory unit in the middle, you usually don't need that many output units but a lot more inputs for maximum utilization, and the direct connection from input to output will not work in a 3x3 grid, you can try it and see some outputs can not be linked to some inputs, and end up have some source factories overworked while some still idle)
What I was trying to get at was that i see no point to inventory at all in my warehouses as the inputs and outputs can never keep up with the demand, so I never fill any goods into the inventory. Also if I have an input taking notebooks from Factory A in through input-storage-output, if I then build factory b for more notebooks and try and join it into the exsisting storage that factory A goes into, it doesnt , or I dont think it will takes these goods. If I took goods from Factory a via the 2nd input that would work fine going into the exsisting storage unit, but factory a cannot keep up the demand to the warehouse input as is.
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

Spac3y wrote:
What I was trying to get at was that i see no point to inventory at all in my warehouses as the inputs and outputs can never keep up with the demand, so I never fill any goods into the inventory. Also if I have an input taking notebooks from Factory A in through input-storage-output, if I then build factory b for more notebooks and try and join it into the exsisting storage that factory A goes into, it doesnt , or I dont think it will takes these goods. If I took goods from Factory a via the 2nd input that would work fine going into the exsisting storage unit, but factory a cannot keep up the demand to the warehouse input as is.
Can you show me your layout or a saved game? From your description it doesn't sound right, it's supposed to be very straight forward for 2 factories to join it's production in a warehouse. Even much more like 5 factories joining into one stream.
E is for Endear, all cute and cuddly
L is for Luxury, longing for splendid
E is for Elate, making others happy
A is for Amenable, a serene nature
Z is for Zeal, zest for wonderful life
A is for Admirers, all of you love me
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by Arcnor »

Looks awesome!!! Can't wait!
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

jaimebenlasnow wrote:I was wondering, will this new feature be linked to Global demand or to city demand ? if so will there be bigger infrastructure ?
This is a good question. With e-commerce, you can sell products to any customers from any cities regardless of the location of the factories or warehouses. e.g. Amazon.com sell products to any customers from any cities in the US.
gamebak
Level 2 user

Post by gamebak »

is it possible to go with the budget over a certain limit? Also, is there a way to create an e-commerce such as Amazon with high sales with just a few physical buildings?