Are buildings rent-controlled?

General discussions about the release versions of Capitalism Lab
Falkon

Are buildings rent-controlled?

Post by Falkon »

I loved Capitalism Plus and am really liking the game's new features so far!

But real-estate has me confused. I build a building, set the rent a little below market rate for awhile to attract tenants, and then switch to market rate. Now time has passed, market rates have increased, inflation has occurred, and I have the price seems to have adjusted accordingly. But the "Annual rent per square foot" is way below the "Market Rent" for one ($10.88 vs $21.54 @ 85%.00 occupancy) and slightly below ($18.51 vs $22.64) for the other (85.50% occupancy). Is this something that resolves itself over time as leases come up for renewal, or am I stuck with low-paying tenants who got in when it was cheap (and if so, does it increase for inflation at least)?
Falkon

Re: Are buildings rent-controlled?

Post by Falkon »

Following up on my own question, I still don't entirely understand it, but annual rent does seem to gradually adjust. It lags behind prices, but it works out ok over time.
klasanov
Level 4 user

Re: Are buildings rent-controlled?

Post by klasanov »

I played with real estate before subsidiary dlc (now, i just let ai manage it) and there is a way to set market rate +- a percent. This will follow inflation.

100% capacity means you could raise prices. Too low a capacity means you can lower prices. The nice thing is if you invest early in a high inflation game, then you get a major ROI later on.

Real estate is not a money maker. Its a good investment to put in and support your city and to gain value later on. Had a game where i had invested early and then put 1.4b in value into the subsidiary real estate and it was getting 10% ROI. Low inflation too.

But compared to retail etc wont make as much