Airline Industry

General discussions about the release versions of Capitalism Lab
pkoko
Level 2 user

Airline Industry

Post by pkoko »

I have a unique idea to make use of airports and to add few more products in the game. Allow airports to produce constant demand for:
Jet Fuel
Small Planes
Jumbo Planes

Let the demand for those products vary by population. So bigger cities want more Jumbo planes than small planes.

Allow the AI companies and player's company to "Bid" for "contract" and with heavy fines if they fail to fulfill.

What do you think?
rlilje
Level 2 user

Re: Airline Industry

Post by rlilje »

Interesting idea.

The key aspects of the game are currently geared towards Consumer Goods which would make it quite difficult to modify for large scale, non consumer products. All of the demand curves are currently triggered by necessity needs of the city consumers which wouldn't fit this model. There is also a price ceiling for products in the game that is well below what a plane would sell for.

I do love the idea of going big scale - the same idea could be applied to Ships for ports and even things like Military contracts etc. but there would have to be a lot of additional programming and AI adjustments to make it possible. Maybe it could be a Titans of Industry DLC addition in the future :)
eleaza
Level 8 user

Re: Airline Industry

Post by eleaza »

For different population sized cities to have different type of demand, I think "airplanes" need to be like current "factories" than products. Different size will have different "efficiency" converting fuels and flight crew into "plane tickets" (do we need to consider flight path and travel distance between cities?) After all normal customers don't buy airplanes but services from riding planes. It's the airline that buy airplanes, thus need to consider wasting overhead if demand in small city only required small planes, or if large city needs more efficient larger planes. Maybe a mod to let "airplane factories" looks like "airplanes" in graphic would work. The only downside is that planes wouldn't be "produced" but "built".
E is for Endear, all cute and cuddly
L is for Luxury, longing for splendid
E is for Elate, making others happy
A is for Amenable, a serene nature
Z is for Zeal, zest for wonderful life
A is for Admirers, all of you love me