Game is too expensive

General discussions about the release versions of Capitalism Lab
rulepha
Level 2 user

Game is too expensive

Post by rulepha »

the base game is 20 dollar and if you want dlc its a 30dollar bundle and i already hear you guys saying ''wait you call 30 dollar expensive when most of the major labels sells their games 60-140 dollar base'' but that doesnt really apply to me because in my country dollar is 4x expensive than our money so what 30 dollar mean to me is my 2.5 months of electric bill. and now you may ask ''so how do you buy games?'' thats when the steam comes in play... steam fixes our money currency to much more affordable price so we can buy original games happly and i can buy new released major label games cheaper than this game with its dlc bundle. i saw the posts about steam in this forum and i really dont understand how the developers which makes a huge detailed game about economy skipping the sale opportunity of portals like steam.
so is there a chance for discount cuppons or something like that ? or is there a change for steam ? or another portal like that i dont know something that gives opportunity to worldwide sales without disruption of money currency that much.
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Re: Game is too expensive

Post by WilliamMGary »

lol. Compared to the hours not to mention years of enjoyment its not.
rulepha
Level 2 user

Post by rulepha »

WilliamMGary wrote:lol. Compared to the hours not to mention years of enjoyment its not.
if you read my post again you will see that im not complaining about price/enjoyment ratio.
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Post by WilliamMGary »

rulepha wrote:
WilliamMGary wrote:lol. Compared to the hours not to mention years of enjoyment its not.
if you read my post again you will see that im not complaining about price/enjoyment ratio.

Ah so a way to pay the equivalent in your country. I stand corrected.
rulepha
Level 2 user

Post by rulepha »

WilliamMGary wrote:
rulepha wrote:

Ah so a way to pay the equivalent in your country. I stand corrected.
yeah to me this game can worth even 50-70dollar but as i said the main issue is when i buy im paying the price of 4 for 1 unit. imagine that everything you buy outside of your country is 4 times expensive. for example you wanna buy a 300 dollar phone from ebay ? you pay the price of 1200.
thats why i need something like steam or discount cuppon if there is a chance and came here to ask this :)
bdubbs
Level 3 user

Post by bdubbs »

rulepha wrote: yeah to me this game can worth even 50-70dollar but as i said the main issue is when i buy im paying the price of 4 for 1 unit. imagine that everything you buy outside of your country is 4 times expensive. for example you wanna buy a 300 dollar phone from ebay ? you pay the price of 1200.
thats why i need something like steam or discount cuppon if there is a chance and came here to ask this :)
Considering this game is called capitalism and the built in complexity I'd wager many of us that actually use this forum can empathize with the currency issue you're having but I personally wouldn't put it on the developers. If you try and find out information on the developers through a google search all you're likely to find is that the founder of the company is Trevor Chan and they have been incorporated since the late 90's. From what I can tell in the last 20 years the capitalism series has been the only in house project for the company over that time and the other titles they sell are produced by other smaller developers of economic styled games.

For a company of that kind of scope to pay steam a fee that is estimated around 30% of sales (a little googling shows this is the apparent industry standard for platforms like steam, and being that steam is such a popular client I'm sure they leverage their position) the increased sales likely isn't going to net out with those fees.

Lastly it's just a matter of realism. In the US a dollar is basically worth what a quarter was 50 years ago, an expensive dinner can run you 10x the cost of this game and the DLC if you want to be fancy and drink a nice bottle of wine with it (not that I've ever actually been able to do such a thing!) so unfortunately making it any cheaper than what it already is probably just wouldn't be worth it for the developers. Keep in mind in wealthy states like NY and California the minimum wage is approaching $15 an hour.

What it all comes down to is you are a victim of circumstance. If you're going to buy the game I'd suggest doing it soon though. I don't know where you're from or what your currency is but with the plethora of isolationist trade policies coming out of the new President and the looming uncertainty that exists over every other major economy in the world I'm expecting the dollar to continue to strengthen against most other currencies over the next few years!
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

bdubbs wrote:
What it all comes down to is you are a victim of circumstance. If you're going to buy the game I'd suggest doing it soon though. I don't know where you're from or what your currency is but with the plethora of isolationist trade policies coming out of the new President and the looming uncertainty that exists over every other major economy in the world I'm expecting the dollar to continue to strengthen against most other currencies over the next few years!
Didn't meant to be off topic here, but I am curious how did you reach the bold prediction that US dollars are going to become stronger in the next few years? I am far from expert in FOREX, but shouldn't US become more volatile and less important as reserve currency makes it weaker instead of stronger?
E is for Endear, all cute and cuddly
L is for Luxury, longing for splendid
E is for Elate, making others happy
A is for Amenable, a serene nature
Z is for Zeal, zest for wonderful life
A is for Admirers, all of you love me
mikebauer

Post by mikebauer »

i've been playing 'capitalism' since the very first release back when. it's way not too expensive given that it's always been so playable for so many hours... days...

i'm playing some new games which have cost me 60 or seventy dollars and they grow boring after a week or two. this one's a bargain.
kubas
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by kubas »

Can you add bundle with only dlc's without base game?
Berbe
Level 3 user

Post by Berbe »