Réal estate sale

General discussions about the release versions of Capitalism Lab
eyenis

Réal estate sale

Post by eyenis »

Hi all, I bought several commercial and résidential building but I I chech thé box "to sell" nobody want to buy my building or store as well. Do you know why ? Any reasons ? Thanks
eleaza
Level 8 user

Re: Réal estate sale

Post by eleaza »

eyenis wrote:Hi all, I bought several commercial and résidential building but I I chech thé box "to sell" nobody want to buy my building or store as well. Do you know why ? Any reasons ? Thanks
I think AI will purchase player's firm, if it's a "good deal". If it's a poorly performed firm that's always losing money, I doubt any AI will be interested to buy it. However, I think it's still quite rare, I think I only see a couple of times all these years playing the game when I put my mansion for sale and actually get some tender offer. But not so sure about other business assets.

I usually just use "for sale" sign as a quick way of marking a building that needs attention in a later date. I don't remember get any tender from AI offer this way, though. Maybe it has been changed in recent version?
E is for Endear, all cute and cuddly
L is for Luxury, longing for splendid
E is for Elate, making others happy
A is for Amenable, a serene nature
Z is for Zeal, zest for wonderful life
A is for Admirers, all of you love me
Spac3y
Level 5 user

Post by Spac3y »

I have to agree i dont tend to get many offers for apratments/commercial buildings or media firms even.
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

Spac3y wrote:I have to agree i dont tend to get many offers for apratments/commercial buildings or media firms even.
I think I do remember AI offering to purchasing media firm, but very late in the game. I think another condition for AI to propose such a deal might be related to if the on-sale firm is part of its "business chain", like if AI heavily invest in advertising in a media firm constantly, it might purchase it (if on-sale) instead of building a new one. So perhaps the reason why AI doesn't purchase firms like retail/factory is mostly due to we human players rarely integrated our supply chain be a crucial part of the AI businesses?

I can not explain why AI almost never purchase real estate from human players though. Perhaps it's hard coded (or the lack of codes) for AI not able to assess the profit potential in real estate?
E is for Endear, all cute and cuddly
L is for Luxury, longing for splendid
E is for Elate, making others happy
A is for Amenable, a serene nature
Z is for Zeal, zest for wonderful life
A is for Admirers, all of you love me