Couple questions about capitalism lab.

General discussions about the release versions of Capitalism Lab
lokren

Couple questions about capitalism lab.

Post by lokren »

Been playing though a few senarios on capitalism II. (Thank you for your quick response to my previous post on that.)

I had forgotten how much I seriously enjoy this game. I am still in awe over 20 years later of the great detail that this game still shows. A few features though that have always been missing to me though are the ability to determine under performing companies and factories when you are attempting to build a massive conglomerate empire.

So things that would make this majorly simplified if you had the ability to sort based upon a few parameters to identify firms, or companies, or factories in need of assistance would be helpful. Like the ability to sort by positive and negative profit margins.

Also the ability to NAME these corporations so when you go back through the linkages or get messages in the alert window you can just look and know whats going on.

For instance instead of getting "Your purchase of Timber has stopped." It would say something like "Your purchase of Timber has stopped at your <St Louis Sofa factory>." In this example I would have named the Factory In question so I knew it was my St Louis Sofa Factory instead of my St Louis Bed Factory or such. This would also help when you have random events happen and "Fire guts your factory in Dallas"... Well thanks, but I have 22 factories in Dallas, and it would be nice to know which one without having to work through every one or wait for the profit margins to tank to get it back up and running. :)

I am wondering if capitalism lab has these types of features? Can you define new products and raw materials for the products like importing a picture of a fish, and importing a picture of some seasoning, toss in some aluminum and sell canned tuna fish in a store? etc.

This game is still one of my favorite games of all time. I will look through the features again, but if someone could answer these questions I would be grateful.

Thanks
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Couple questions about capitalism lab.

Post by David »

For instance instead of getting "Your purchase of Timber has stopped." It would say something like "Your purchase of Timber has stopped at your <St Louis Sofa factory>." In this example I would have named the Factory In question so I knew it was my St Louis Sofa Factory instead of my St Louis Bed Factory or such. This would also help when you have random events happen and "Fire guts your factory in Dallas"... Well thanks, but I have 22 factories in Dallas, and it would be nice to know which one without having to work through every one or wait for the profit margins to tank to get it back up and running. :)
Please see the attached screenshot - the area highlighted in red. You can tell which factory it is from there.
Attachments
cap_albert.png
cap_albert.png (1.46 MiB) Viewed 522 times