General discussions about the release versions of Capitalism Lab
utny
Level 2 user

Few problems I've had...

Post by utny »

Few problems I've had

Setting 1:
COO set to "Look for better supplies - NO"
Built a new factory making plastic in the town my other factories are in.
Closed my out of town plastic factory
the COO started buying plastic from another company automatically.

2 problems with that..
1. I told her not to. (Thinking I could use the broken supply button to reassign)
2. I was making plastic in that town and 100% supply 0% demand in that plastic factory. (Why would she pick another company over my own?)

Setting 2:
I created a Subsidiary to take over my Automobile production to take advantage of a Range Brand strategy.
With the CEO allowed to expand retail and nothing else.
I produced factories and a warehouse for him
Have prefer ordering from warehouse over factory on.
I told him to always have internal sale on

2 problems with this
1. The CEO expanded into a new town and set ordering directly from factory instead of warehouse which has more supply than demand, and the factory has more demand than supply. (I told him to prefer warehouse, and why the heck would he choose something with no supply when supply is available?)

2. The factory and warehouse is not internal sale right when the product gets to it and there is a window where other companies can order. And once they order I can't just kick them off? Why in heck can't I stop supply to a location at the factory?

Setting 3:
I gave my COO control over R&D that she had Expertise over, though she kept setting the training bar to 0 so it would never level up. (She had some of her personality into training)

I want her to have control of setting the training amount so she can turn it down after the firms reach 9, but it will never get there with her having control.

Suggestions:
1. There should be a way at a warehouse to "Set all purchase of this product to this location"

I had a large factory making Steel, and after a while that factory was not enough so I had to make a 2nd and a warehouse, I had to find every factory using steel and reassign the purchase block.

2. It would be nice to have something like internal sale where my Subsidiary companies could also order from parent, or with other companies with the same parent company.

When setting up my automobile company I was already producing steel with my Parent. Though in order to get the supply connected I had to start the factory with parent, attach the supply, and then transfer it, then when I wanted to change it to a warehouse rather than the factory I had to move it back to Parent owned, change the supply, then move it back.

3. The natural resources are a big problem
I created jewelry company and expanded to about 5 towns, I had to have 3 medium factories for gold rings going and in order to feed them I needed 2 gold mines at all times. The same with silver to feed my silver necklace and watches. Every 3 months I was building a new mine and spent so much time looking for the highest quality resource I could get.

After a little bit of doing that you end up running out of high quality gold/silver and are forced to mine the 50's of quality.

Some natural resources should be able to be purified, and a lower quality mine would just produce less at a time than a high quality mine but produce the same quality resource.

With my steel production it only took about 2 years to run out of coal in my coal mine, and it was only supplying my company. An actual coal mines exist for many years, and supply lots of companies.

Btw, with a game called "Capitalism" why does the government own so much, what is this North Korea? :lol:

Just a new players perspective.
utny
Level 2 user

Re: Few problems I've had...

Post by utny »

Another problem I have run into is the CBD moving or not moving where the most business is.

In one game I had atleast 8 commercial buildings all in a bunch, but it wouldn't move from a place with very few commercial buildings.

I also just started a new game, placed a commercial building on the CBD, and it just moved to a location with 1 small commercial building by itself, with only 16% taken rooms, while there is an area with 2 large and 1 medium clumped together with higher taken % in all 3

Edit: When clicking on the firm that is ON the dot, distance to CBD is less than half filled.
Edit2: The CBD just moved to an empty field next to a school....

(The files are not really zips, change them to .sav)
Attachments
TONY_021.zip
CBD example2 RENAME TO .SAV (It isn't really a zip)
(2.61 MiB) Downloaded 59 times
TONY_020.zip
CBD example RENAME TO .SAV (It isn't really a zip)
(2.86 MiB) Downloaded 61 times
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Suggestions:
1. There should be a way at a warehouse to "Set all purchase of this product to this location"

I had a large factory making Steel, and after a while that factory was not enough so I had to make a 2nd and a warehouse, I had to find every factory using steel and reassign the purchase block.
Please check out this article "Redirect Supply Links":
http://www.capitalismlab.com/redirect-supply-links.html
2. It would be nice to have something like internal sale where my Subsidiary companies could also order from parent, or with other companies with the same parent company.

When setting up my automobile company I was already producing steel with my Parent. Though in order to get the supply connected I had to start the factory with parent, attach the supply, and then transfer it, then when I wanted to change it to a warehouse rather than the factory I had to move it back to Parent owned, change the supply, then move it back.
You may use the [Group] button, which is next to the [Internal Sale] button.

FYI, here is its help text:
Group Supersedes Internal Sale
If this is enabled, any firms in your company and subsidiaries will always be able to buy products from each other, regardless of the [Internal Sale] setting.

3. The natural resources are a big problem
I created jewelry company and expanded to about 5 towns, I had to have 3 medium factories for gold rings going and in order to feed them I needed 2 gold mines at all times. The same with silver to feed my silver necklace and watches. Every 3 months I was building a new mine and spent so much time looking for the highest quality resource I could get.

After a little bit of doing that you end up running out of high quality gold/silver and are forced to mine the 50's of quality.

Some natural resources should be able to be purified, and a lower quality mine would just produce less at a time than a high quality mine but produce the same quality resource.

With my steel production it only took about 2 years to run out of coal in my coal mine, and it was only supplying my company. An actual coal mines exist for many years, and supply lots of companies.
You may use the following script line:
Unlimited Natural Resources=<Yes,No>

If you set this to Yes, when a natural resource firm (mine/oil well/logging camp) has used up its reserve, instead of stopping its operation, it will continue to produce the natural resources with a new recurring cost.

The recurring cost of producing a single unit of the natural resource will equal to the original cost of acquiring natural resource site, divided by the original reserve amount, and adjusted for the current inflation.

For details, please see:
http://www.capitalismlab.com/script---s ... rules.html

There is a pre-defined script with this line which you can use to enable it.
utny
Level 2 user

Post by utny »

The redirect supply button doesn't work when my COO automatically started buying it from another company, it wasn't broken.

I don't see a [Group] button anywhere, I downloaded the game from launcher that said there was an update, with new pictures and things. Though I don't have new pictures.
David

Post by David »

I don't see a [Group] button anywhere, I downloaded the game from launcher that said there was an update, with new pictures and things. Though I don't have new pictures.
The [Group] button is one of the new features of the Subsidiary DLC.
utny
Level 2 user

Post by utny »

I have that DLC, and it is enabled.
David

Post by David »

Setting 3:
I gave my COO control over R&D that she had Expertise over, though she kept setting the training bar to 0 so it would never level up. (She had some of her personality into training)

I want her to have control of setting the training amount so she can turn it down after the firms reach 9, but it will never get there with her having control.
You can uncheck the box [ ] Change Training Budget as shown in this screenshot:
http://www.capitalismlab.com/uploads/3/ ... 4_orig.jpg
utny
Level 2 user

Post by utny »

Yeah, but then I have to do it all manually which defeats the purpose of having a COO, she is doing retail locations and factories fine.

My game version is 4.4.20, with both DLC's on. There is no group button that I see.
David

Post by David »

Setting 1:
COO set to "Look for better supplies - NO"
Built a new factory making plastic in the town my other factories are in.
Closed my out of town plastic factory
the COO started buying plastic from another company automatically.

2 problems with that..
1. I told her not to. (Thinking I could use the broken supply button to reassign)
2. I was making plastic in that town and 100% supply 0% demand in that plastic factory. (Why would she pick another company over my own?)
You may try setting "Look for better supplies" to "From own firms" or "From own or parent".
David

Post by David »

Please see the attached screen for the location of the "Group" button.
Attachments
Group button.jpg
Group button.jpg (423.42 KiB) Viewed 845 times