48%
No
52%

Total votes: 21

Cyklonix
Level 3 user

Corporate/Cyberespionage, Buy off public officials, Lawsuits

Post by Cyklonix »

Who would like to see some of these added to the game? Add your thoughts so we can get a better poll going. I think it would be fun to have the dark side in the game. There is a game I can think of that had something similar, it was called "Ruthless".http://www.gamespot.com/tom-clancys-ruthless-com/

Add Industrial, Cyber, and Corporate espionage should be added into the game. Or take a risk of cooking the books like Enron. Buy off public officials to help improve your products on the selling floor. Get special deals on things. Bid on contracts for governments for certain products, housing, and office buildings. I would like to see both the good and the bad side, plus it would add more realism to the game.
-={C¥kl0nIx}=-

If you ain't first your last!
azuzelych
Level 2 user

Re: Corporate/Cyberespionage, Buy off public officials, Laws

Post by azuzelych »

Cyklonix wrote:Who would like to see some of these added to the game? Add your thoughts so we can get a better poll going. I think it would be fun to have the dark side in the game. There is a game I can think of that had something similar, it was called "Ruthless".http://www.gamespot.com/tom-clancys-ruthless-com/

Add Industrial, Cyber, and Corporate espionage should be added into the game. Or take a risk of cooking the books like Enron. Buy off public officials to help improve your products on the selling floor. Get special deals on things. Bid on contracts for governments for certain products, housing, and office buildings. I would like to see both the good and the bad side, plus it would add more realism to the game.
Totally agree.
The truth is, there is no way of doing truly big business without corruption. Enron, BP, Siemens - you name them.
Without such a feature the realism part would stay crippled.
Cyklonix
Level 3 user

Post by Cyklonix »

So are they looking at adding some features related to this to the game? I hope so, it would enhance the overall realism and experience of the game. For people that don't want it then there could be an option to disable it. Win win for everybody.
-={C¥kl0nIx}=-

Kristo
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by Kristo »

I like the idea.

But i prefer to be optional too. See, some player may wanna compete fairly, some wanna use every tool avaliable to them.
I think the game should balance this idea with "good/bad corporate public image"-something. So it'll give you bonuses, if you play nice, if you choose to.

What's the risk if you play dirty?
- workers' strikes
- ban from given industry
- fines
- so on...
azuzelych
Level 2 user

Post by azuzelych »

Kristo wrote:I like the idea.

But i prefer to be optional too. See, some player may wanna compete fairly, some wanna use every tool avaliable to them.
I think the game should balance this idea with "good/bad corporate public image"-something. So it'll give you bonuses, if you play nice, if you choose to.

What's the risk if you play dirty?
- workers' strikes
- ban from given industry
- fines
- so on...
I guess we won't see it in the game anyway - too much for the devs to do. However, in case it ever shows up, perhaps the on/off switch could be added to a game start screen (sandbox/realistic mode).
Cyklonix
Level 3 user

Post by Cyklonix »

I hope it makes its way in eventually
-={C¥kl0nIx}=-