Internal Sale

Subsidiary DLC for Capitalism Lab
bundyaxl
Level 4 user

Internal Sale

Post by bundyaxl »

When I was setting up a subsidiary factory, I was using my parent company supplies.
My supplies were set to internal sale.

These internal sale suppliers are visible in the list when setting up the subsidiary factory but they will not connect when you select them. They will only work if you deactivate internal sale at the supplier facility.
In this case every time I want to set up a subsidiary factory I have to go to my suppliers and temporarily deactivate and reactivate the internal sale to avoid selling it to outsiders.

For subsidiaries this should not be necessary. A sub should be able to purchase from the parent company even when internal sale is activated and vice versa. You should be able to at least manually bypass your parents internal sale but maybe restrict the AI from selecting it.

Ideally it would be nice to have 3 settings for internal sale, on, off and internal/subsidiary only.
That is until we get the contract system implemented of course.
Etym
Level 3 user

Re: Internal Sale

Post by Etym »

Well said; I strongly agree with this suggestion.
counting
Level 8 user

Post by counting »

Not long ago there was a suggestion to make internal sale with multiple stages, but back then it's more about how to implement contract sales mechanism.

IMO, the direct control subs are essentially in permanent contract with the parent. Thus it has a second highest level of "internal sales" priority. I think in the future when we can have partners or strategic contract, it would be nature to make multiple level of sales priority, instead of a simple yes/no. Using slide bar or stage scale bottoms to determine which level and above can purchase goods from particular firm.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitch channel : twitch.tv/ancientbuilder
Youtube channel : www.youtube.com/user/countingtls
-------------------------------------------------------------------
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

In the version 3.0.02, the following will be implemented:

You will be able to buy products from firms of a subsidiary company even if the products are set to Internal Sale only.

Likewise, your subsidiary company will be able to buy products from your company regardless of their Internal Sale settings.
Ideally it would be nice to have 3 settings for internal sale, on, off and internal/subsidiary only.
We keep the interface simple for now, without adding the suggested [internal/subsidiary] option. If you guys think that there is a serious need to implement this button after testing the new version, we will consider adding it.
bundyaxl
Level 4 user

Post by bundyaxl »

This should suffice.

I really only want them buying from me anyway personally.
David

Post by David »

Version 3.0.02 is now available for download at http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... =37&t=2680
jtanker37715

Post by jtanker37715 »

I would like to suggest that we not allow a subsidiary to purchase items from the parent company or other subsidiary companies unless we link it. I set up a factory that is making air conditioners... then I built a few stores to sell the air conditioners along with other appliances. A few months later, I notice that my air conditioner factory is struggling to keep up with orders so I investigate. A couple of my subsidiaries linked up with my air conditioner factory.
David

Post by David »

This has been improved. Please download the latest version 3.0.06.

You could just leave the new "Subsidiary" option inactive and subsidiary companies will not purchase products from your firms.
Attachments
DLC internal sale subsidiary.jpg
DLC internal sale subsidiary.jpg (264.55 KiB) Viewed 1221 times