Rich mans toys and other alternatives to spending you dosh

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here
baz
Level 4 user

Rich mans toys and other alternatives to spending you dosh

Post by baz »

I was wondering if we can have rich mans toys?
By this I mean that in real life to prove your wealth the rich me n of this world want to show the kudos via other means other than business.
ie Roman Abramovich owns chelsea FC, The Qatar royal family (via a subsidary and a holding company) own Man city, Tony Fernandes owns a F1 team, I think a saudi prince owns a racing boat team, Glazer family own man utd and i'm sure plenty of rich men with huge companys in the states own basketball, baseball, american football, ice hockey and soccer teams ect.
My point been rich men like to prove outside of there buisness how good they are and how much money they have.
Please, please, please introduce away of spending the cash you have on other things outside of mansions and business.
I've completed Cap 2 several times and have started again aquiring huge amounts of wealth but with no real way of showing it off. I appreciate that there will be coding involved but there must be some way of spending it outside of the business part of the game.
Basically the more you fund the better you do but you could make it relative to the local ownership and to the computer and/or human players. Ie if I spent 1 billion a year on a football team but the computer spent more and then added more teams, then they would win the league more for example. I'm not talking creating a league and i'm not talking creating loads of football teams in one city just say one or two. London has at least 3 big premeriship football teams but has god knows how many outside of that. Manchester has 2 major football teams. New york has 2 major american football franchises. LA had 2 at one stage, you could do it per size of city if you wish or just let the AI and human make ones, Money dosen't buy you leagues but it does help.
F1 and indy teams hemerage money but the Kudos is amazing. You could fund hospitals, schools, universarys, drug clinics, social housing for your workers. Cadburys in the early 20th century built houses, schools and churches just for its workers. Infact 20 years ago my first company that I worked for had bought an entire housing estate for it's workers that it rented out at cost price. Most workers never left dispite having lower wages than the competitor because of the cheap but nice houses. Also financially they would be no better off once the accomadation was taken into account.
I think a game called Detroit (Car manufactorer game) offered ralling, F1 and touring car racing and all it did was looked at the money you spent and the several factors about the cars you made. Cap 2 has car building so it would be nice to have ralling, touring cars and F1 as away of showing your car ability and your own money. ( Not Vital )

I always look forward to comment on my posts, so don't just view comment. Let the boys that have the ability to introduce this sort of thing know the score, as if they don't think theres a reason or want, then they have no reason to implement. Would you spend money implementing something if you didn't think that it was a popular idea?

Look forward to your views and comments
Bigs
Level 2 user

Re: Rich mans toys and other alternatives to spending you do

Post by Bigs »

Baz, i do not mean to be rude to you, but every post you write is very long. In fact so long that I have only really taken time to read one or two of them.

I'm sure tho that David reads everything. ;)
baz
Level 4 user

Post by baz »

Bigs, no offense taken, glad that you've read my post and made a comment. At the end of the day, i've been waiting for CAP 3 for a long time. Now i'm a beta tester and have the chance via the forums to give them my ideas, I'm gonna take it. As my look a like said once,
"Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted in one moment
Would you capture it or just let it slip?"

:D
Bigs
Level 2 user

Post by Bigs »

Ah. I'm glad you're in the beta m8, and ofcourse extreemely jealous at the same time. ;)

I'm sure you are the right person to give good feedback, and I hope they listen to you.

I've played the game since cap plus myself, and I allway see to it that I have capII installed on atleast one computer at all times. I'm looking forward to a continued life for this game.

Good luck on the testing!

*bites knuckles* ;)
baz
Level 4 user

Post by baz »

Cheers Bigs, The Beta's looking good from what i've seen so far and I think you'll love it, when you get your chance to test.

p.s If you think my posts in this forum are large, you should see my last beta bug report I've just added. It's vast and deep and hopefully makes sense. Sometimes I lose myself :D and thats not a pun from the Quote above by MM "Lose yourself" :D

I found that by posting and using the knowledge I had from there past games, improved my chance of pre beta testing. They also like users that have past expereince, so you have knowlege of the old game, so try and make some posts regarding your past experinces with the game.
They probally gave me beta access to stop me posting so much :D
I'm sure you'll make beta sooner or later, and I look forward to seeing you there.
In the mean time, try Restraunt empire 1 or/and 2, My other Trevor Chan favorites. That'll keep you busy till your call up to beta.
Inarius
Level 4 user

Post by Inarius »

I confirm the beta is very good, too.

I have nearly the impression to play the real version.
Bigs
Level 2 user

Post by Bigs »

Baz, I'm a pretty casual player these days, and while I have been playing the older Cap games, I'm not in any way a professional, or highly skilled. I just ay around and have some fun trying different ways of making business in the game. I like what I see here in terms of improvements, but I guess I'm not as outspoken as you are regarding new and exciting ideas ;)

I would however like to see more products that need certain resources allready in the game. Like oil, gold and silver for instance. Expensive resources to get, and rarely any profit from them unless you have a very big production line with high demands. Gold rings are nice indeed, but you dont need a lot of gold to make one ring, now do you? ;)

Aaanyway... Wrong thread to discuss that heh.
baz
Level 4 user

Post by baz »

I'm not a proffesional either bigs, I think Cap 2 was far to easy personally, Even on the hardest level. I can confirm that CAP LAB isn't though. It appears to be alot tougher and has a much higher difficulty. But thats want I want. I've tried and failed in business in real life, and in the share market too. I wish real life was easier :D
have some fun trying different ways of making business in the game
I think thats what Enlight want, and thats what a game should be about. It's not the winning or the losing for me, it's the fun winning or losing that matters.
You know us Brits, were always outspoken on any topic, Even if were wrong ;) but we'll never admit that :D
I was reading a thread about Gold, silver ect and boy, there's some real industry knowledge going down, but I think that the game isn't specific to an industry, just repersentative of it. I'm in IT, Hardware and software is my game, but I like the simplistic approach to it in CAP 2 and CAPLAB, otherwise it would probally be very boring and bland. I could get really anal over what was missing from the PC and printer side but its a game and I like it like that.
Gold rings are nice indeed, but you dont need a lot of gold to make one ring, now do you?
It depends how big your finger is :D I know where your comming from but if this repersented industries exactly, my great, great, grandson/granddaughter would be my age before they played it, and then get bored as it would be real life, and then not a game :lol:
There are some very indepth threads about specific industrys on here but I shy away from them as I don't think they add much, as the game can only incoporate a little of everything rather than everything on onething. And some of these industries, like mine, arn't that interesting at the best of times.

Always good to hear your comments Bigs, and i'm glad your boys beat the french ;)
Bigs
Level 2 user

Post by Bigs »

Ah, I'm in IT aswell. ;)

I really didn't mean that the game should copy real life exactly, but some of the resources have less use than others, and running a mining business is very hard unless you own the factories aswell.
As said, I'm allways trying different routes. And as you say, winning the game isnt very hard. So I try to take harder routes to see whats possible.

Running a hardcore mining business, with no factories or stores is almost impossible. Try it! ;)
baz
Level 4 user

Post by baz »

I hope in Sweden they haven't gone outsource mad, because here it's destroying the It wages, so companies can make more money.

I do know what you mean about resources bigs, and I totally agree with you. I do know that the Mittal brothers make it work and there are some big mining companies that make billions from it. But Cap 2, it dosen't work so well.

Like you, i've tried various different ways to play the game and Mining is hard. Although I found that if I owned every resource, you can make it work but you have to keep your profits quite low. But as I played with all of the sea ports enabled and constant supply, it did make it extremely tough. But I did have oil and forests too, which helped.

I'll try been a mining company at 209% on the beta and see what I can do. I have posted on beta wether you could have seperate industries, run by the CPU for you and your then a CEO of the whole group, but had no reponse so far. Hopefully David will give his opinion on that, at some point.

I'll use the cheat, gets stacks of cash buy all the resources, then speed up the game so the CPU corps are big and give it a go.
I'll get back to you on that, See if it's possible in Caplab to run a mining industry at profit.
Once I have my findings I'll post it on Beta if it is like CAP 2 and Mining is to difficult.
I think on cap plus you could have multiple human players and I remember having one player for retail, one for mining and one for industry all ran by me and I did make it work but then Cap 2 came out and I never bothered finishing the game to full conclusion.
Bigs, If you have ideas for tests in CAPLAB, drop me a mail on here and i'll give it a test, untill you have beta access. But I don't have huge amounts of time anymore, so keep them specific if you can.