Branding Strategies

Subsidiary DLC for Capitalism Lab
rhoussami
Level 2 user

Branding Strategies

Post by rhoussami »

When you set weather you want corporate branding or unique branding or range branding... how do you guys use the strategies to your advantage. i always go corporate branding... what do you use and why?
anjali
Level 4 user

Re: Branding Strategies

Post by anjali »

personally i dislike corporate branding as i find it unsuitable for a company producing all product classes, also the advertising spending is mad

in capi plus / cap 2 i always used unique branding as it was impossible to generate a proper range band in a multi product class corp. but since cap lab i prefer range brand, range brand will build up slower then unique branding but a hell faster then corporate brand and the brand wont be affected if i start another product mega class or have another product class with low quality. and the spending on advertising is near zero as with enough shops in a town and a wide range of products you get a brand quite fast build up with zero ads. once the quality is up, i spend 50k each for newspaper,radio and tv per product class on a permanent basis in each town thats a total of 150k a month per product class and i raise it to 150k each mediafirm once i own newspaper,radio and tv in a town just because its then kinda "free" as i get the money back into my pocket as the local competition pays enough to cover the costs of the media firms.
Due to the inexpansive fast raising range brand rating, given you use all tools availible to make it fast, its, in my eyes, the best strategy for the first 10-20 years of expansion & aquisition of companies until you got a solid company with lots of high quality products with a price concern heavily relaying on brand rating. Growing fast is in beginning more important for me then growing brand. any cash wasted on advertising hinders you on putting up another firm and those firms would have on its own financed more firms, so the advertising spending costs you exponentially. with unique brand i doubt you would turn $5 million into a billion within 3 years and have the same brand rating then a range brand strategy would have at this point which is giving ya a much better company figures (without using real estate to raise speculative the land value)

unique and corporate brand can involve excessive cost in advertising especially in the first couple years when its most needed as you dont own the media firms. once you own media it doesnt matter anymore as you just circulate the advertising money from one account to another, but stays in your pocket. as i only play beta version, i havent had the chance yet to get to a point at which i would consider resetting my brandrating and go for unique brand once i got each type of media in each town.

the reason for me considering at a point to leave the "quick money" range brand and go for unique brand is that the range brand gets stuck at around 50 atleast i never get above it and thats in the later stage of the game where advertising is "free" a huge profit loss compared to a 80-100 brand rating gonna be plenty billions a year extra profit, not that i would need the money but i like a goot profit margin and operating profit margin of 50% / net profit margin of 75% and return on equity of 40% is crap and the only place to find a higher profit margin in the game is the brand rating to hike the price as i cant use leverage to raise the return on equity as its hard enough to utilize all the cash at hand properly.