CAP 2 profit tab vs CAP LAB profit tab

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
baz
Level 4 user

CAP 2 profit tab vs CAP LAB profit tab

Post by baz »

I just ran CAP 2 again to test this. In Cap 2 the profit tab ie oppersit the cash on the main page, opperates in real time whilst in CAPLAB it operates over 1 year. This leads to a problem for me anyway, the reason been, you could of done really well the previous year but you could then be not doing so well in the next. If you don't keep an eye on your balance sheet and watch your net profit you wouldn't realise perhaps that your losing money till it's too late. I'm not apposed to the profit tab in caplab but I prefer a real time profit tab so I don't spend all of my time looking at my balance sheet. Again this is due to the difficulty level that I run at 209% as you make so little money in the first 10 to 20 years perhaps. I would really prefer to see whats happening to my company in real time so I can eact quicker because if I leave it to late, I have to spend my time finding out why and looking into the issues. Whilst if it's real time I can act quicker. Does it make the game more difficult Yes, does it make it more enjoyable no, as I want to build a company up and not view balance sheets all night. Perhaps the CAPLAB profit bar is more like real life but if I had a company I would want to know my profits weekly if not daily, and companys are able to do this if they wanted too.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: CAP 2 profit tab vs CAP LAB profit tab

Post by David »

Did you mean the profit bar on the bottom of the game screen, to the left of the game date display?
baz
Level 4 user

Post by baz »

I did mean that profit bar. I should of described it better :D
David

Post by David »

You meant the profit amount, not the series of vertical bars representing profits right?

We actually didn't change the way the profit amount is calculated - it is still the total profit in the last 12 months.

If the problem persists on your side, could you please post some screenshots to illustrate it?
baz
Level 4 user

Post by baz »

The profit amount, thats the one, I new we would find a name for it. :D
Is that how cap 2 calculated it too.
If you look at my screenshots from my thread, Bug money leakage / incorrect profit thread on here, you'll see what I mean. The same file that I emailed you.
I did an example, where over a year my cash decreased but the profit amount tab told me over the year that I made a profit.
I would prefer something more real time as it could take a year before you realised that you have lost money, by then it could be too late.
Although it does work aswell, as I remember when I built my first apartment in caplab once the profit amount had increased my apartment was making good profit.
David

Post by David »

The profit amount on the game screen shows the total profits in the past 12 months, whereas the income statement shows year-to-date profits. So they may differ significantly in some cases.

Perhaps you can email me your saved game and we will look into it.

By the way, does anybody else experience the same issue?
baz
Level 4 user

Post by baz »

I'll use the new beta and see what occurs. I'll report back and let you know of my findings.
I would really love a real time profit indicator though, Shall I poll the forum?
David

Post by David »

I would really love a real time profit indicator though, Shall I poll the forum?
The current profit indicator at the bottom of the screen should be updated in real time already.
baz
Level 4 user

Post by baz »

Hi David,

This takes me back to the BUG to do with cash leakage / incorrect profit thread.
The current profit indicator at the bottom of the screen should be updated in real time already.
I guess were talking about the graph that appears at the side of the yearly profit amount indicator.
If thats the case, surely the observation in the post above is correct. The profit should repersent profit of your cash. If you look back at the pictures in the above thread, there all green. If i'm losing money as suggested, then they shouldn't be green.
You were right in the post about the interest been more than my profit that I earn't from residential, but I just can't accept that you can lose money in your cash but still have profit. I did understand what you said in the previous post relating to this but it just goes against the accounts and busines and finance courses that I undertook. I do accept that my assets were appreciating but surely if your cash is been swolled up by your business, your losing money and your not making profit. As what we would be saying is for example. I buy a house for $150K, I had $100K in the bank. Out of this comes my morgage every month, say $1K. I don't recieve any income say. After 5 years my house is worth £500K but I have paid $60K in morgage fees. I would only have $40K left but my house has appreciated by $350K. Untill I sell the house I only have $40K left. I couldn't say well I have $410k to the bank. As I haven't sold the house, so If I was to look on a graph my assets would be green and high by $200K but my money would be red and show $60K loss. If sold the house, sure I would have $410K and once I sold the house and paid the morgage then have made a proft $200K and have $240K in my cash. I know business do use asset appreciation in there balance sheets but I can't believe that they would declare a company making good profit when it's using your cash to support it. But then nothing supreises me in business anymore. :)
Perhaps i'm wrong on this completely but what were then saying is, I can fund a company from my cash forcing me to near bankcrupcy and my business shows a profit due to the cash that it's taking from me.
I have a great remedy to this. If your cash can have a colour code to it so for example, When you are recieving lots of postive cash in your personal cash the colour turns to dark green, depending on the intersity of the cash your making, once that cash goes down to a minor amount it should be very light green. As red is used for negative cash, you could use Yellow to show that your cash is reducing in money, and again the more that intensifies the darker yellow it goes too. As soon as you hit negative cash it goes red.
I know your a busy man David, especially with the extra posts and threads I put your way :) , and I'm very gratefull that you find time to answer when you can. Look forward to your reply.