bugs

General discussions and Technical Support for Capitalism II.
stuguy909

bugs

Post by stuguy909 »

I setup an investment firm. I basically invested in multiple companies and got lucky when a couple of them took off and the stock prices got up to 20k+. There are 4 quirks with this system.

1) Dividends received from stocks do not account as revenue/profits when the company owns the shares. It IS a source of revenue, and IS taxed by most governments in the world.

2) I created a head quarters when my stock profits were large enough to support a staff. 2 bugs here:
a) i set the dividend of my stock to 10% with the finance office, however, NO dividends are paid, as no revenue and profits are being generated from my ownership of high-end stock. The dividend remains at 0%, even though the setting is a number I set.

b) I can't set my salary for CEO higher than $100,000. It allows me to set it to 100k, and then later I can raise it higher into the millions, but it defaults back to 100k.

3) Not a bug but a game restriction:
I should be allowed to personally invest in a company that I invested in with the company I own or vice versa. I get a message that says the trade commission will not allow me to invest in a company that my company has stake in, or vice versa. There is no such law in most nations. CEO's buy and sell their own stock, and stock of competitors, and competitors their company buys stake in all the time. Free trade.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: bugs

Post by David »

1) Dividends received from stocks do not account as revenue/profits when the company owns the shares. It IS a source of revenue, and IS taxed by most governments in the world.

It is a game design consideration that we excluded dividends as revenues. Revenues have to come from operating profits. This makes it easier for the player to assess the financial performances of the companies he/she operates.

2) I created a head quarters when my stock profits were large enough to support a staff. 2 bugs here:
a) i set the dividend of my stock to 10% with the finance office, however, NO dividends are paid, as no revenue and profits are being generated from my ownership of high-end stock. The dividend remains at 0%, even though the setting is a number I set.

Do anybody else encounter this bug ?

b) I can't set my salary for CEO higher than $100,000. It allows me to set it to 100k, and then later I can raise it higher into the millions, but it defaults back to 100k.

It is a game restriction actually.

David
Enlight
titanicboy1

Re: bugs

Post by titanicboy1 »

I have notice the issue with the salarie, but I realized that you can only increase the salary based upon the profit (total profit including stock value not operatiing profit), and your salary can only be 10% of total profit. For example if your company does not own/operate any properties but only owns stock, if your stock value increases by $100M your salary is capped at $10M, and when you total profit is actually a loss, your salarie defaults to $100K