Digital Age: Opinions

Digital Age DLC for Capitalism Lab
Red_Rose

Digital Age: Opinions

Post by Red_Rose »

Couple of personal opinions with the Digital Age and game-play in general:-

1. E-commerce belonging to a subsidiary is unable to sell products of other subsidiaries. Currently only way is to use warehouse and acquire products from your other subsi and to sell on e-commerce from the warehouse. But this doesn't address digital downloads if software companies belonged to other subsi

2. E-commerce pricing should have an option for global price setting applied to all factories/warehouses on the same product. Right now, if I have e-commerce button checked for 5 factories producing the same product, I need to manually adjust the pricing for all the 5 factories.

2. Network tech is not required to research any software products currently? Don't seem to need to research the network tech currently

3. OS could have more competitors (currently only 1)/ suggest to allow players to set up additional OS rather than just 1. Currently that single OS AI company will easily amass huge profits

4. Would be good if software company can have more than 1 product management unit to allow better efficiencies of utilising the full 9 slots in software company

5. Does linking 8 tech programming units to 1 tech management unit have additional benefits compared to just linking 1 programming unit?

6. Acquiring private company is practically never used by me due to the huge asking price tag. Perhaps can consider to lower it slightly. There should always be a premium for it but I feel not at that amount

(Not necessarily related to Digital Age but...)

1. My CTO/CMO/COO is always asking for pay rise constantly due to higher profit of company and constantly prompting me to accept which is quite annoying after a while. Further these people after having huge cash from a ridiculously high salary, started buying stock of my company which ends up having only 3 or so individual holding 100% but I still see the stock price move up and down which is unrealistic since there should be no trading. Would be good if there are better alternatives for these AI characters to deploy their cash elsewhere and not have them hold 100% in a public-listed company
Red_Rose

Re: Digital Age: Opinions

Post by Red_Rose »

Also the game crashes when I try to open the financial statement of software company firms...this is based on latest patch
Red_Rose

Post by Red_Rose »

BTW, I remember reading somewhere that players can build civic/public facilities and funding of the expenses (half or so) will be borne by players yearly. Can't seem to find the option to build public facilities on current version.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Red_Rose wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 4:46 pm Also the game crashes when I try to open the financial statement of software company firms...this is based on latest patch
We have just fixed this bug. Please download the latest patch v5.4.12 from viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4887
RAHK

Post by RAHK »

'1. E-commerce belonging to a subsidiary is unable to sell products of other subsidiaries. Currently only way is to use warehouse and acquire products from your other subsi and to sell on e-commerce from the warehouse. But this doesn't address digital downloads if software companies belonged to other subsi'

:cry: to be honest, i think this hurts the gameplay, as the Ecommerce parent company could not sell products from subsidairy. Building the warehouse is just avoiding the problem, not directly fixing it. Also, the Ecommerce should be able to sell products from enemy companies as well. It will makes more sense.