My suggestions industry and many other features

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here
choum
Level 3 user

My suggestions industry and many other features

Post by choum »

Hello,

I'm a very old player as i began with capitalism+.
I love caplab, but i think we can feature it more. Here are only suggestions, and we could discuss them if find that some are interesting

1) industry :
- automation: add new MFT cell with robots rather than workers. Add productivity, need to buy expensive robots and need to do expensive research to build this robots and improve them. Maybe add a robot product to build and improve with direct link between quality and productivity and maintenance costs. (like this we can't begin with automated factories)
- add flexibility, 3x3 grid is OK for small factories but big ones should be 5x5 and megafactories 9x9 or something like this. For exemple build motors, car body, tires and assemble them in different cars model in the same factory rather than to have one factory for each componement. (or maybe floor level as retail with DLC but with links between floors it could be hard to design in 3D mind usage)
- maybe allow to go to level 10 or 15 of units with more training or special tech or improvements.
- add an alternate supply unit that can dynamically change source if it is out of stock (i don't mean stop production, but overloaded), switch from mine 1 to mine 3 then to mine 2 and go back to mine 1, etc.
- find a way to find a factory. Yesterday i built a factory to produce fish oil drug and was disturbed by phone. when i came back i needed 5 minutes to locate my factory in the 100 already running. Hard as no retail was linked to it yet :p

2) network provider:
- please add some way to differentiate network companies other tha price, 2G, 3G, 4G, network tech etch have to help to define a network QoL ;)
- mybe add availability of network, speed (DSL,FO,4G,5G, etc), features, and support quality (if users have to wait 4 hours before reach support they'll change provider)

3) about retail:
-new floors are good but i think it can be improved more. Of course 10 floors would be unmanageable without strong IA. Myself i like to micromanage all of this.
-have an indicator of user QoL as for real estate, with some way to improve it, maybe a support unit, a nice uniform(costs), etc
-add prestige of the building to attract costumers (different of brand). Users like to go to huge supermarkets to see lot of things but sometimes they don't buy
-add BIG supermarket to be able to sell more product without setup up and manage many of them (more expensive of course), maybe with 5x5 grid?
-add multisupply unit that can buy different products like in real (beds, food , drugs, etc) to feed many sales units. The same a multualized stock/inventory would be great
- a unit to manage return of defective products and make clients happy (based on quality maybe) ? and increase brand?

4) about character :
- add talents when we create our player to give some bonus in game, after all everybody is different, i thought about things like, faster training of kind of job (crop, MFT, etc), reduce costs of some jobs or process (like 2% operation costs for MFT), bonus to researchs (research on bodycare 2% faster), permanent brand +1, etc
-win experience to improve character with time, turnover, money, politic moves or whatever ;)

5) add a section in university to train new talents to be hired in our R&D, when there are many IA sometimes it's just out of people...
-maybe add a way to be able to choose which unit to train. For exemple train only 2 MFT units in a factory and not sales units. (aglity)
-auto stop training when employees reach the highest level.

6) warehouses (i work in a SCM company so...)
- warehouses are really too small we would need a 15x15 grid here on 7 levels to have a warehouse. It could be able to stock 100 different products there. Maybe have option to use FIFO or sell worst products first, or better quality first.
- maybe add a frozen unit to keep food for a long time (just for fun)

7) i'd like an option have all technologies to discover,...even if i choose 100% in the game creation each company get many tech at level 30 ... more a but than a feature for me ;)

8) rework IA that seem desoriantated by digital age... near all IAs research only tech and no more real products (or really rare ones).

9) technologies :
-it look like that all tech need the same amount of reasearch to unblock : toilet paper and computer? really? LOL maybe it could be balanced.
-allow bigger R&D buildings, or allow many of them to work on the same project. why not put 30 engeeners to make and important research faster?

10) add an alarm when a software developpement is finished (like as R&D is finished). Yesterday i started CAD software (6 months) and when i checked again it was finished 106 days ago... So i had to build a factory with 3 months of money loss ... and as i have 15 software companies i can't check them each months just to be sure.

OK that enough for my lunch break thanks for comments 8-)
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: My suggestions industry and many other features

Post by David »

8) rework IA that seem desoriantated by digital age... near all IAs research only tech and no more real products (or really rare ones).
I ran a test game and the AI companies have been producing a variety products by 1996, 6 years since the game started. Please see the attached screenshot.

You may start a game with more AI companies (try 30) and higher AI aggressiveness (try moderate or higher).
Attachments
AI.jpg
AI.jpg (574.45 KiB) Viewed 2467 times
David

Post by David »

2) network provider:
- please add some way to differentiate network companies other tha price, 2G, 3G, 4G, network tech etch have to help to define a network QoL ;)
- mybe add availability of network, speed (DSL,FO,4G,5G, etc), features, and support quality (if users have to wait 4 hours before reach support they'll change provider)
Do you have any concrete details about how this should be implemented?

FYI, there is a post post discussing possible enhancement to the telecom. You may check it out at https://www.enlight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=5171
10) add an alarm when a software developpement is finished (like as R&D is finished). Yesterday i started CAD software (6 months) and when i checked again it was finished 106 days ago... So i had to build a factory with 3 months of money loss ... and as i have 15 software companies i can't check them each months just to be sure.
I will forward this suggestion to the dev team.
nejxis
Level 3 user

Post by nejxis »

+1 to most of the suggestions above, will surely improve the game in various ways, especially since less factories for example need to be built, due to having more floors / bigger and therefore less usage of pc resources to run maybe?
choum
Level 3 user

Post by choum »

David wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:27 am
2) network provider:

FYI, there is a post post discussing possible enhancement to the telecom. You may check it out at https://www.enlight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=5171
Hello David, I put comments on the thread that you specified here but it's not working anymore as www.enlight.com was replaced by capitalism2.com ...
so for users that want to follow this point the new? URL is :
http://capitalism2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=5171
David

Post by David »

We've made some update. Forum links at enlight.com/forum will now be automatically redirected to capitalism2.com/forum.