Amazon

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here
baz
Level 4 user

Amazon

Post by baz »

Can we create Amazon in caplab?

You might think this is a useless post but hear me out, because of what I'm trying to explain.

I don't think we can create Amazon yet. My reasoning is, Amazon doesn't own shops and factories, uses the Web only has distribution centers the distribute other people's mostly product. Sorry to correct myself but not to distract from my point yes they do produce items now but lets look at Amazon outside of it's new products and media ventures, Lets see Amazon in the 1990 Caplab, and move into 2010 and 2019.
So Amazon started roughly with a book store morphed into a online book distributor and we can move on but lets first stop and analyse.
Book Store no I don't need more products just making a point to my original point.
Distribution yep caplab has this, but we can't distribute others items in the same way, Am I saying add a buy unit to warehouse No, because how many warehouse and buying units would we need to just create a fraction of what Amazon became. Do we create warehouse to accommodate multiple buys No, it still misses the point. Amazon would be bankrupt if it had a a warehouse per several buys.
I also think that this also detracts from how amazon works, It doesn't buy then sell, it markets mostly others goods, similar to Alibabba but lets stick to the point.
It's distribution centers just take a parcel from supplier and redirects it to purchaser.
If we look at what they make and sell then Yes Caplab caters for this until you hit the media side ie Amazon prime, and there new digital game platform which delivers games to your TV.
This could become possible with data feeds but that's another post.
Moving on to 2000
Amazon ventures into owning it's own data storage and expands.
Data storage isn't in the game as I propose in another thread Data centers could be the answer.
At this point Amazon has so may products flowing that Caplab wouldn't have a chance, There's no way warehouses with multiple buy could compae and have the same profit.
Should Amazon be a Internet company then or a Global stock. No, caplab is a business simulator that simulates business, granted useless for roman days mods or something out of the period however to remain to the point I think Caplab need to create this, this is a model for the future not a one off. One day in the future the retail shops will disappear. Not everyone but look in the real world and in the end there is one or two of the dominants the rest are driven out or bankrupt, Yes Caplab does this but again Amazon would still be there and forcing even the dominant retailers issues which it doesn't or can't.
My Example is very simple. At one stage when I went to own every market from scratch, I became so dominant, There were no other competitors, The AI would create them but they never could reach the research with the money or time frame necessary and would go bankrupt. I don't think private companies were around at the time but if they were it would of squared it granted, as you can't buy them.
So If Amazon was around as a private company I wouldn't be dominant, just make it private. No, It still misses the point of Amazon Yes Caplab has private companies now but that's only part of the solution. It maybe impossible or require a hold load of time and effort and that also isn't the answer. I would prefer all efforts if that were the case to a new game that incorporates that.
So you want a new game, No.
Well yes please Santa, In fact if I had the money and one day I will I will make sure that My money and as much as needed, goes into the latest game that can also be used for education and that the game mechanics stay true to this but with the necessary enhancements to allow for further deep expansion.
I do think that Caplab can just about cope with this but would have to work slightly different to how any conventional store works. Out of the box thinking is needed.
In Caplab there is a place where everything that is produced is displayed, it's the santa's groto for bits.
Products
Could you imagine if products flows thru a distribution center No. Ok lets see if I can help. Look at products in the menu, there's every information about all products been sold or manufactured in the city. If we had that when we clicked on our distribution center then bingo, Amazon.
Now imagine if we look at what online retails market share is, Not researched yet.
for example lets Suggest it's 25% then A We fill with a Amazony type company already 25% of the current market sales and we convert the same numbers to amazons profit. However we take a small cut of that 25% market place. So for example of the full 100% there is only 25 % of companies market share, then we would have 25% of that, so lets talk numbers to make sense if 100 is 100 % therefore 25% then we take 25% make it 100% and then take 25% of that, please stay with me, then we take a cut 5% or whatever margin were talking about and thats what our HQ receives, similar to banks in away. For this to occur you would need a data center and Distribution center. You would also need the internet and telecoms to be present as well.
The Internet could then be used by Amazon as a product on there that could then determine the 2 values I mentioned earlier. For example Internet is 50 % not 25 % as mentioned before, could use marketing to determine this Now you get 50% of the current market, Lets say that this is now 75% so we would get 50% of 75% and our margin on that figure could be set by app on the internet,
So the 50 % or 25% would basically be the products that are going thru our dist center via the method mentioned ( based on advertising ), the margin would be based on the software developed for the internet.
Now you could argue well send every good thru a warehouse then you have amazon, No, You just have a more expensive way of selling things. been there done that don't use now :cry:
You could say we will take away the expense but it's not amazon. Amazon would be at point A in the 70's like every other business which caplab caters for, but were comming into 2020 I haven't even started getting into Automotive technology and how it could make an impact especially with the Economic DLC and jobs, another post.
I look forward to any response regarding this,
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Amazon

Post by David »

Very interesting post. Maybe you could set up a poll and see how many users would be interested in playing a game simulating an Amazon type company. I imagine that this could potentially be a standalone game. Also, what should such a game can be called? We wouldn't be able to just call it Amazon Simulator as the Amazon name is obviously copyrighted. On the other hand, a generic name like E-Commerce Tycoon may sound dull.