I want more control with Company_Details.TXT.

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.

Do you like this idea?

yes
100%
no
No votes

Total votes: 8

ALICE
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by ALICE »

titleI:don't want to see AIRBUS selling fish.
Hi David.
Please improve the function of MOD.
I want to specify a business that a company can enter.
I want to specify a real estate and bank.
Last edited by ALICE on Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ALICE
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Re: I don't want to see AIRBUS selling fish.

Post by ALICE »

I started a questionnaire.
baz
Level 4 user

Post by baz »

Hi Alice,

I've looked into this, as part of my post. http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... f=7&t=7015

Anyway you need to create or modify the script your using and include the following

AI Product Expertise=<Expertise Product Class>, <Number of AI competitors>

Use this statement to assign a specified type of expertise to AI competitors.

<Expertise Product Class> is the expertise product class. For example, “apparel”

<Number of AI competitors> is the number of AI competitors possessing this type of expertise.

Example:
AI Product Expertise=Apparel, 3

With the above statement, there will be 3 AI competitors possessing expertise in Apparel in the beginning of the game, resulting in more intense competition in the apparel industry.

Please note that this only applies to AI competitors with a diversified business strategy. (e.g. retail focused companies and companies with other focuses are not affected.)

You would have to make sure that the mod your using that Airbus is setup with a diversified strategy as per the above statement. This is from David's advanced scripting tutorial, It's on the main Caplab website under MOD, advanced scripting. All of the info there should give you everything you require to resolve the issue you have.

The other alternative is to change the Companies script in the mod to say that Airbus expertise was ie Computers, Cpu. If you have a mod with airplanes then you would link it to that industry or sub part, but you would then have to run the mod scripts to rebuild the mod, read David's tutorials on the website to do that, or contact the modder to change or remove Airbus. There could be another way but I would bow to David's Superior knowledge of the game over mine. :D

It may be wise to give more information to the forum as well? Is this your own mod, someone else's, Who's, Which version of Caplab your running, as some newer features only work in the later versions of the game.

Anyway hope that helps.
Baz
ALICE
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by ALICE »

Hi Bez.
Thank you for the details.

The title may have been inappropriate. I'm sorry.
Not only AIRBUS, but also my mod has problems.
Use the script above, but it is difficult to control completely.