Scripting Companies - Starting and Specialties

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
Ginn7

Scripting Companies - Starting and Specialties

Post by Ginn7 »

Hi,

Is there a way to script which companies will start the game as your competitors and force them to specialize in certain products.

For example, I want XYZ Corp and Blank Inc. to start as two of my competitors at the beginning of the game and force them to be a raw materials producer.

What I want to do is set up a couple of rivals to compete against in an Oil company type scenario (along with other regular companies). So far I am able to tie specific persons to companies, however, they only randomly appear in my starting companies and for some reason, the product they specialize in is random, even though I created a "Company_Detials.txt" that should force them to specialize:

eg.
[COMPANY]
Company = Prime Oil
CEO = Guy Topper
Product Expertise = RAW, 80

[TECH]
OIL = 80

In this case, I sometimes get Guy Topper who does run Prime Oil but they produce Juice or Jackets etc. for some reason?

I would like to hardcode into my MOD (in the dbf files maybe?) specific persons with a specific expertise.
Ginn7

Re: Scripting Companies - Starting and Specialties

Post by Ginn7 »

I figured out how to force the specialization, I had to change the product expertise to a specific class:

[COMPANY]
Company = Prime Oil
CEO = Guy Topper
Product Expertise = Gasoline Products, 80

[TECH]
OIL = 80

So right now I can get the right CEO matched with a specific company, matched with the proper product expertise.

I'm still trying to figure out how to force specific companies into the starting game. If anyone knows how this can be scripted?