Problems with advertising at subsidiaries

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
thomy22
Level 2 user

Problems with advertising at subsidiaries

Post by thomy22 »

I have the problem that I am currently in the 4th year of play and have now founded a subsidiary company for the purpose of overview and have given up all retail businesses.

Then I hired a marketing manager, but he doesn't do anything. I have already simulated a whole year and he simply does not advertise the products. Why is that? The products are all from the parent company. For me this is completely illogical.

The subsidiary makes 200 million profit, but doesn't spend a cent on advertising. It can't be that I have to build warehouses again just to relabel all the products. I could understand this if I would buy foreign products. But I have given the instruction only products of own and subsidiary companies and therefore I do not see that he does not advertise the products. I have also tried to hire a marketing manager, but unfortunately this is no use, because all advertising spaces are in the retail shops of the subsidiary company.

From my point of view this is clearly a bug and should be corrected.

I would be happy about a feedback.
Lerura
Level 3 user

Re: Problems with advertising at subsidiaries

Post by Lerura »

To me, it's logical that he doesn't do any advertising.

The advertising unit's job is basically to make products more popular, in order to increase retail sales in your own retail stores, either by quantity or price.

This is only indirectly related to the factory-to-store sales, as the higher revenue/profit you can get due to the rating, the more you are willing to pay for the product.

But if your company doesn't have any retail store, you don't have any retail sales, and all the products that you sell is effectively treated as semiproducts.
Advertising for semiproducts are of no use, as only the product quality is carried over to the manufactured product.

From the advertising units perspective, advertising won't incresase retail sales in you own stores, so why waste money on advertising.