sprite exceeds 800x600 error

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
Brutus
Level 4 user

sprite exceeds 800x600 error

Post by Brutus »

I keep getting this faulty error message after I modified the warehou1 images.

Error message:
''Error loading from MOD: Building sprite WAREHOU1.SPR exceeds 800x600''

All of my files are clearly 800x600 saved in png 32 bit, see the attached ZIP file for the images in question.

It works perfectly fine for my modified warehouse2 and other images that I modified but it keeps erroring out on this one. I just don't understand why. I've rebuilt the image several times from the original now and made sure it fit the specifications :cry: It just keeps messing up. What did I do wrong?
Attachments
Warehou1.zip
(145.82 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: sprite exceeds 800x600 error

Post by David »

I've recently updated the guide for modding buildings. Please read it at https://www.capitalismlab.com/mod/advan ... buildings/

It now no longer requires the background in green color. Instead, it recognizes the transparency in the alpha channel, which is a much easier process for preparing building graphics.

You can look at the example at <Your CapLab game folder>\MOD_kit\Images\Buildings\Apart4

I checked the warehouse image files you provided. While its format has been converted into 32 bit with alpha channel, the alpha channel does not contain transparency data, thus the tool was not able to clip the image to the right size.

What type of buildings are you trying to prepare your mod? Is there anything else that I can help?
Brutus
Level 4 user

Re: sprite exceeds 800x600 error

Post by Brutus »

Hmmm I see

Still strange though since I edited Warehou2 in the exact same way and that one works perfectly fine :oops:

I will try this alternative method and see how it goes. I'll post back once it is done and release the files to the community for whoever is interested. :D