[MOD] Modern World - Complex manufacturing mod

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
Reaver

Re: [MOD] Modern World - Complex manufacturing mod

Post by Reaver »

David wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:39 am
Reaver wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:07 pm There is an annoying bug where if you create a company and then subsidiaries, the main company logo does not show on firms it creates, Instead it shows the subsidiaries logo instead. :(

It looks like the logo is missing for the main company for some reason.
We will investigate the problem.

Could you please provide us with your save game file and let us know the following?
1) Which version of Capitalism Lab you are using. You can see the version number on the top-right of the main menu.
2) The exact steps for triggering the bug with the save game
3) If your savegame uses a MOD, please let us know the name of the MOD and the MOD's version number.

You can find save game files of Capitalism Lab from the C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab\SAVE

You may provide us with your save game file by posting it here on the forum as a ZIP file attachment or emailing the save game file to us at info@enlight.com.

If your save game file is too large for attachment, you may check out this post about how to send us large files: https://www.enlight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2473
1) 6.5.17 the latest version
2) Start a company using BlackRock logo, create a subsidiary. Try to build a store (any one) under BlackRock... the logo shows as the subsidiary. To be honest it also does it without creating a subsidiary. I tried building a store under BlackRock and the logo was missing from the store.
3) Yes, I used Modworld v2.0

Here is the save file attached.
AUTO2.zip
(6.5 MiB) Downloaded 193 times
I've done some more testing and it looks like the BlackRock Logo is missing. There may be some more missing logo files.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

I found that the small version of the Blackrock logo PNG file is in 8 bit color format. The game needs to read PNG files in 24 bit color format.

I also taken a look at the large version of the Blackrock logo, it is in the correct 24 bit color format though.

In addition, there are a few other small logos that have the same issue of being in 8 bit color format.

To Saffgee: you may download this tool called XnConvert from https://www.xnview.com/en/xnconvert/ which allows you to resize a number of PNG files in a single batch process. You may use it to resize the logos from the original 60x60 24 bit color format to the 30x30 24 bit color format.
saffgee
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by saffgee »

Thanks David, I'll check those again and convert the ones that need it.
davidkie
Level 3 user

Post by davidkie »

Hi Saffgee,
Thanks for your MOD, i just started playing.
I notice there are many factories type like high tech , chemical, huge, etc.
My question is what are the different? it is just naming? or Chemical factory will produce more output compare to high tech and such?
I tried to find the info here but i cant find it..

Also the display for the Huge factory is warehouse?
Attachments
dddddddddd.png
dddddddddd.png (555.69 KiB) Viewed 51397 times
saffgee
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by saffgee »

What you copied there is the info - the 3 columns on the right is what is relevant here, the first two are just cost to build and then running costs, space tells you how big (ie how much they can produce) the factory is. From memory, the vanilla versions factories have 50, 100 and 200 space for small, medium, large respectively. Therefore the Huge factory is twice as big as the standard "large" factory and the Giga factory is 3x as big. The high tech and chemical factories kind of wedge in between the various types, but are larger than all the vanilla factories and primarily useful for saving space (as they have a 3x3 footprint and not 4x4).

Graphics are simply cannibalised, borrowed and repurposed from existing ones (it doesn't mean that that factory is actually a warehouse) and I think its the Giga factory which uses the warehouse graphic to be fair - but fixing this with new graphics requires graphical talent (which I don't have) and/or money (which I don't necessarily want to spend as I don't make any money on this mod). I have repeatedly asked for help from the community and received very little feedback, so in the end I just decided to pay for it myself. The graphics for the new versions will be updated and pimped accordingly at my own expense, and with Enlights help will be adapted to be used in game. That takes time though and is something of an iterative process, so it won't all happen at once either.

As an FYI, for the next version I also plan to reduce the number of factories available overall, as with the new multiplier now in use, I don't need to plug as many gaps as before.
blackteeth

Post by blackteeth »

Hi Saffgee,

It's an amazing work, thank you. Shall I be so cheeky to ask for your original files, I should use it only for personal purposes.
I am not playing with Capitalism a while ago, as I had an idea for a MOD but I never had time to make it. Now I saw your MOD
which is almost the same what I wanted to do, though I would "trim" a little bit. I don't want to hassle with food and baby stuff,
apparel, and so on. So if you don't mind if someone chops off some product categories and some raw materials from your MOD,
I would be really grateful. I don't want to publish anything or something, only for personal use.

Thanks and regards

Pete (Blackteeth)
timba69

Post by timba69 »

First of all, Great Mod! Thanks for all your effort.

I have one question about the parameter Random Product Reinvention in the base game in relation with your mod.
When i put this parameter on 100 (%), your added product are not affected by it. They are all invented.

Is this something what can be changed or am I overlooking something?
sanketdhande

Post by sanketdhande »

I am not able to buy the stocks from my personal funds. Instead when I try to buy stocks from personal funds it buys with the name of "Helen Smith" the first in the persons list. I doubt this is the bug in the MOD in which my name should be first in the persons list to be able to buy the stocks from my personal funds. Whatever I try to do with my personal funds it gets add or deduct from the Helen Smith named person wealth.
Attachments
capitalismlab_stocks.png
capitalismlab_stocks.png (2.7 MiB) Viewed 51024 times
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (2.86 MiB) Viewed 51024 times
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

We will investigate the problem.

Could you please provide us with your save game file and let us know the following?
1) Which version of Capitalism Lab you are using. You can see the version number on the top-right of the main menu.

You can find save game files of Capitalism Lab from the C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab\SAVE

You may provide us with your save game file by posting it here on the forum as a ZIP file attachment or emailing the save game file to us at info@enlight.com.

If your save game file is too large for attachment, you may check out this post about how to send us large files: https://www.enlight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2473
sanketdhande

Post by sanketdhande »

Version of Capitalism Lab 6.6.15 and the Modern World MOD version v2.0.
I have mailed you the latest save game named SANK_008.zip