COO Won't Buy From Own Warehouses

Subsidiary DLC for Capitalism Lab
buells
Level 4 user

COO Won't Buy From Own Warehouses

Post by buells »

For some reason my COO hates buying from my own warehouses even if I set the price to $0.01 and have the prefer ordering from own warehouses setting on. It is a real pain to get them to choose the best suppliers in terms of consistent supply. If they keep jumping from factory to factory the demand surges way above capacity. If I batch switch suppliers manually and set the low supply tolerance of the COO lower that does help a bit, but I'd like them to try to stick to the warehouses as even if they are out of capacity at some moment in time they are usually the best bet.

I think there should also be an exception for disallowing subsidiary CEOs from demolishing unprofitable firms. They should be allowed to demolish mines, logging camps, and oil wells that have zero reserves because they are never of any use and they cost a lot per month to maintain. Frankly they should just be automatically demolished regardless of whether they are owned by the player or a subsidiary. Finally, it would also be helpful if the subsidiaries could be set to only do backward integration in certain types of raw materials. Often they want to build a bunch of semi product factories that are underutilized and don't make any money. I may want a sub that just builds logging camps and mines for example or only farms.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: COO Won't Buy From Own Warehouses

Post by David »

buells wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:32 am For some reason my COO hates buying from my own warehouses even if I set the price to $0.01 and have the prefer ordering from own warehouses setting on. It is a real pain to get them to choose the best suppliers in terms of consistent supply. If they keep jumping from factory to factory the demand surges way above capacity. If I batch switch suppliers manually and set the low supply tolerance of the COO lower that does help a bit, but I'd like them to try to stick to the warehouses as even if they are out of capacity at some moment in time they are usually the best bet.

We will investigate the problem.

Could you please provide us with your save game file and let us know the following?
1) Which version of Capitalism Lab you are using. You can see the version number on the top-right of the main menu.
2) The exact steps for triggering the bug with the save game
3) If your savegame uses a MOD, please let us know the name of the MOD and the MOD's version number.

You can find save game files of Capitalism Lab from the C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab\SAVE

You may provide us with your save game file by posting it here on the forum as a ZIP file attachment or emailing the save game file to us at info@enlight.com.

If your save game file is too large for attachment, you may check out this post about how to send us large files: https://www.enlight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2473

buells wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:32 am I think there should also be an exception for disallowing subsidiary CEOs from demolishing unprofitable firms. They should be allowed to demolish mines, logging camps, and oil wells that have zero reserves because they are never of any use and they cost a lot per month to maintain. Frankly they should just be automatically demolished regardless of whether they are owned by the player or a subsidiary. Finally, it would also be helpful if the subsidiaries could be set to only do backward integration in certain types of raw materials. Often they want to build a bunch of semi product factories that are underutilized and don't make any money. I may want a sub that just builds logging camps and mines for example or only farms.
I would recommend that you create polls for your suggestions.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: COO Won't Buy From Own Warehouses

Post by David »

Have you tried setting the option highlighted below?
Attachments
warehouseoption.jpg
warehouseoption.jpg (85.4 KiB) Viewed 3707 times