R&D and mod custom product image bug

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
CulCol
Level 2 user

R&D and mod custom product image bug

Post by CulCol »

When is researched new tech for a product and trying to update tech at any factory and then when image of the product changed with a custom image (from mod RealWorld mod (for example)) then the Price of this product is automatically changed by game to other price than the player set up and the player need to manually set it up how it was before tech update.
But if to have 50 factories and many R&D then it is too hard to get track of all of them which product factory price was changed.
Need to be so that price set up by player not change when product custom image is updating to higher one, the price should remain the same as it was before tech upgrade at the factory.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: R&D and mod custom product image bug

Post by David »

Are you using the price synchronization function? If so, when you disable it, does the issue still occur?
Attachments
pricesync.png
pricesync.png (148.65 KiB) Viewed 1990 times
CulCol
Level 2 user

Post by CulCol »

unfortunate this issue still occur even with price synchronisation off.
David

Post by David »

Please try the latest version 6.6.08: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7938

If the problem will exists, we will investigate the problem.

Could you please provide us with your save game file and let us know the following?
1) The exact steps for triggering the bug with the save game
2) If your savegame uses a MOD, please let us know the name of the MOD and the MOD's version number.

You can find save game files of Capitalism Lab from the C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab\SAVE

You may provide us with your save game file by posting it here on the forum as a ZIP file attachment or emailing the save game file to us at info@enlight.com.

If your save game file is too large for attachment, you may check out this post about how to send us large files: https://www.enlight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2473
CulCol
Level 2 user

Post by CulCol »

I used the mod RealWorld 11.40 but modified a little by myself (added 2 factories), but it does not matter mod version, because this bug was in previous versions of this mod too, unmodified versions too.
I set to research Gasoline Fuel product (R&D) and the factory has Product quality < 100, but after the research reaches >= 100 the factory manufactory units changes the Image of Gasoline Fuel to the new image and here begins the bug - the price (cost) at factory of Gasoline Fuel is disrupted from the price (cost) I set up before custom image, so price (cost) goes to higher value. And I have to set again the price (cost) at every factory, but if I have many factories with many products it is annoing.
so normally game should remember price of product at factory before and after changing custom image product.
David

Post by David »

The programmer has prepared a special version 6.6.09B for your testing.

Please download it from https://caplab.b-cdn.net/CR6609B.zip and test if it has fixed the issue for you.

To apply the patch, extract the ZIP file to your Capitalism Lab program folder. You can open your Capitalism Lab program folder by right-clicking on the Capitalism Lab game icon and select “Properties”, then select “Open File Location” to open the folder.
CulCol
Level 2 user

Post by CulCol »

Thanks it worked.