How do i raise Lifestock P. Quality ?

Post here if you have any strategy tips to share
freeway77

How do i raise Lifestock P. Quality ?

Post by freeway77 »

Hi Guya,

How do i raise the quality of fifestock Products ? Cant find anything in R&D Center.

regards
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: How do i raise Lifestock P. Quality ?

Post by David »

You can find the answer from the Capitalism 2 manual: https://caplab.b-cdn.net/manual/Capitalism_2_Manual.pdf

Page 60

Livestock Quality
The level of the functional unit determines the quality of the livestock
products. A higher unit level indicates that the unit has more advanced
equipment and the workers are more experienced. Livestock raised in these
conditions are healthier and of better quality.
jondonnis
Level 5 user

Post by jondonnis »

Training. Set training at the farm to high and the quality of the livestock increases.

EDIT - I forgot to add, I then ship those to a warehouse, then only sell them on from the warehouse to others or any shop I own. The more sold to the warehouse, via the farm, the quicker the livestock increases.
jondonnis
Level 5 user

Post by jondonnis »

I've just remembered the warehouse idea was wrong and was for a showroom idea.

Instead, I now have the items in the farm sold very low, if I have my own shop I sell them at a loss to get people buying. As long as training is maxed out in the farm, quality will rise quickly. Once as better than city average I raise the prices in the farm to be just above what it costs to make. And in the store just above to give me profit.

Once hits or close to 100 quality. I put all prices up.
mrgarrettscott
Level 4 user

Post by mrgarrettscott »

I'm kinda late to the party on this but you don't have to sell livestock as at a low price as you may think. I build a farm and sell livestock to my own stores at two right clicks below whatever the price is automatically set at. This usually gives it a rating in the 50s or 60s. The farm is profitable. At retail, I immediately drop to price to increase demand, usually being 20 ratings points or better than city average. After demand kicks up (almost immediately), I raise the price. You can automate this somewhat by hiring a COO and assigning management responsibility for retail locations. After I drop the price to create the demand, the COO will raise the price and continue to do AUTOMATICALLY as long as demand is outpacing supply. What ends up happening is that your low-quality products are selling at profitable price and that is because of the necessity index. As your quality improves, your profit margin gets bigger.