BUG - Inventing products?

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
Beckman

BUG - Inventing products?

Post by Beckman »

Hi, im new here but i have been trying to create a mod and I have problems when adding products for future invention (like smart phone, flat screen tv, etc.), in the game.

The problem is that when I add a product for future invention in the game, then that ai "Product Class- Group" (for example: Computer or Electronic Product) become passive in the game. They will build a R&D center and then do nothing... If I make the product available from the beginning and dont add a invention year in Product_Types.DBF, then no problem, they start from the beginning with producing and become a competitor in the game.

This makes it impossible to create a working mod with products for the future.

Is it me who do something wrong or is it a well known issue with the game.

I have the same problem when playing the game witout a mod. You dont get any competition from computer and communication focused ai companies and can basically just dominate that class without any problems. This can hardly be the intention with the game?

Hope somebody can help.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: BUG - Inventing products?

Post by David »

You may refer to the examples of existing product types with defined values in the Invention Year field. As they work properly in the game, it should be an issue of modding settings rather than a bug.
Attachments
inventionYears.jpg
inventionYears.jpg (320.5 KiB) Viewed 658 times