How can I limit AI's Product diversification?

Post here if you have any strategy tips to share
rlqhd5256

How can I limit AI's Product diversification?

Post by rlqhd5256 »

Seriously, There's no Company that manufactures Gasoline, Food and Semiconductor at the same time.

I just want AI focus on three product class at most without limiting Game's overall product class.

How Can I do this? Is it Possible thing?
Brutus
Level 4 user

Re: How can I limit AI's Product diversification?

Post by Brutus »

Probably not, the only other options you have is to disable those fields, either temporarily through product reinvention or just entirely block them from the game.

but I do agree that it would be nice if the AI's would focus down more on their respective expertise and the product group / megaclass that they already have business in.

It seems the AI chooses its markets to expand into based on the potential market size and ease of entering into it. The AI is therefore quite happy into expanding all over the various markets with an incredibly diverse set of products because to the AI it seems that every product is exactly the same. That's why you got weird situations where a company who was a farming company all of a sudden starts developing office software for example :lol: It's because office software is just a great open market ready for easy profits and the AI knows it.