[MOD] AI CHARACTERS MOD 1.2- rebalancing of AI characters' behavior

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
paulwoman
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Re: [MOD] AI CHARACTERS 1.0- rebalancing of AI characters' behavior

Post by paulwoman »

2021-05-23 10_19_55-Window.png
2021-05-23 10_19_55-Window.png (12.82 KiB) Viewed 794 times
Attachments
ERROR.ZIP
(250 Bytes) Downloaded 46 times
3dmodel
Level 2 user

Post by 3dmodel »

paulwoman wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 8:24 am 2021-05-23 10_19_55-Window.png
Figured out the reason in the syntax and updated the top link
paulwoman
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by paulwoman »

3dmodel wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 9:04 am
paulwoman wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 8:24 am 2021-05-23 10_19_55-Window.png
Figured out the reason in the syntax and updated the top link
Script load fine. .exe update ( it's the same link)
3dmodel
Level 2 user

Re: [MOD] AI CHARACTERS 1.1- rebalancing of AI characters' behavior

Post by 3dmodel »

Upgrade to 1.1
Added Gas Station
Added three alternative gasoline recipes (one from pure oil and two using catalysts), catalysts increase production speed and also slightly increase product yield
paulwoman
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Re: [MOD] AI CHARACTERS 1.1- rebalancing of AI characters' behavior

Post by paulwoman »

3dmodel wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:54 pm Upgrade to 1.1
Added Gas Station
Added three alternative gasoline recipes (one from pure oil and two using catalysts), catalysts increase production speed and also slightly increase product yield

I have this error when I load it.
2021-05-27 09_27_34-Window.png
2021-05-27 09_27_34-Window.png (5.42 KiB) Viewed 755 times
The version stay in 1.0 if I remove your image.
2021-05-27 09_26_47-Window.png
2021-05-27 09_26_47-Window.png (14.87 KiB) Viewed 755 times
3dmodel
Level 2 user

Re: [MOD] AI CHARACTERS 1.2- rebalancing of AI characters' behavior

Post by 3dmodel »

Update to 1.2, added description of some processes.
randomzier

Re: [MOD] AI CHARACTERS MOD 1.2- rebalancing of AI characters' behavior

Post by randomzier »

hey I think I made a slightly better improvement for your AI script

[HEADER]
Description= just like HAL9000 & SKYNET had a baby
(make it rain baby)

[ENVIRONMENT]
Private Company=Yes
(need this in order to not get bought out during 10yrs)

Game Starting Year=1980
(or whatever yr you want -10)

[SPECIAL RULES]
Years of Advanced Start for AI=10, Stock Purchase Allowed
(to simulate the player diving into an estabilshed world. like we're not going to mars or anything :P )

put the attached file into C:\Users\(whatever your user name)\AppData\Local\Capitalism Lab(Post-Release Beta)\script
Attachments
AI MOD script.7z
(1.73 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
randomzier

Post by randomzier »

Oh I got some suggestions to make.
rather than making your mods production chain independently, why don't you just make your mod compatible with realworld modern world etc...etc...
I think that's a better direction to take.
and make some more various degrees of difficultiy levels for your scripts. 500% is to be honest not compatible with noobs lol

and one last thing... can you make the dog dahm UI more modern? just changing the color scheme should suffice for all i know
3dmodel
Level 2 user

Post by 3dmodel »

Hey!

As for the changes in the script, yes, you can make changes at your own discretion and as you like best. To do this, it includes all the lines provided by the developers for scripting (if you know about the lines that are not included in the script, you can report it).
But there are nuances that should be taken into account.
AI characters do not have specific expertise, instead they have starting bonuses in the technology chains. The advantage of this may be an increased level of competition in all classes of products. Depending on which companies will be chosen at the start of the game, the number of competitors in one class can reach 10 or more.
The disadvantage of this is that AI companies cannot research new products that are tied to a specific year (smartphone, smartwatch). Therefore, the script indicates the start date of the game 2010, when all the products are already known. Perhaps I just turned off the date binding and thus choosing 1980, these products will already be open for production.

You can use the advanced start for AI, and the ability to buy shares of other companies at this time. But these settings have their drawbacks. Firstly, the purchase of shares by the player at the start of the game is the easiest and fastest way to increase capital. Usually the first 10-15 years of the corporation only grow. And shares that were bought at 10 will cost many times more. Secondly, half of the map will already be built up. And to create areas with high traffic will require the construction of houses, offices, etc. Also, at this time, the player cannot provide assistance to the AI ​​in some production chains, selling him semifinished products. Another disadvantage of disabling expertise is the decrease in AI activity in mine construction. Attempting to introduce small to medium sized deposits does not seem to solve this situation much. The computer prefers to buy from other companies than to buy a small deposit for 50-100M. If you want to help the AI ​​get started, the best option would be to sell raw materials. The starting script conditions for the player just provide for such development through assistance to other corporations. The player can redeem all his shares and build one or several small factories for the remaining 7-10M. Buying rock through the port and selling mining semifinished products, which are in high demand at the start, solve two problems at once, making high profits and helping other corporations. Thus, over these 10 years, AI companies will be able to develop significantly stronger.

randomzier wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:02 am and one last thing... can you make the dog dahm UI more modern? just changing the color scheme should suffice for all i know
Could you clarify with the help of a screenshot, otherwise I don't quite understand what this is about
randomzier

Post by randomzier »

I don't see any of your points are a probelm. I think you should rather improve your AI script as my suggestions.
you don't even need 10 yrs. 5 is more than plenty

the purchase of shares by the player at the start of the game is the easiest and fastest way to increase capital.
1. is'nt this an exploit still within the base game? or your normal script as well? for more constraints. just disable buying stonks

AI companies cannot research new products that are tied to a specific year
2. why is this a probelm? limit the AI so you can develop somthing yourself.

half of the map will already be built up
3. yeah? just like IRL. as I said, were not going to mars

Another disadvantage of disabling expertise is the decrease in AI activity in mine construction
4.They don't need mines. they just import every raw mat from ports. The Ports provide more than plent of raw materials.
It seems the increase in mines are an unnessary change. AI does not use em, humans had plenty already.

decrease in AI activity in mine construction.
5. tested about 10 times to prove your point. Yes they build less mines. However effect was minimal at best they still build mines when ports dont supply them. AI still goes BRRRR.

One thing. we need more cash in order to compete against the 5yr mature AI. so I bumped it up to 75 & There were too Few Banks. no one could get a loan, so I bumped it up to 3

If you want a more realistic challenge, here is my script
Attachments
script.7z
3 Diff Lv to choose!
(1.83 KiB) Downloaded 58 times