Subsidiary Question

General discussions about the release versions of Capitalism Lab
foxtrotf
Level 2 user

Subsidiary Question

Post by foxtrotf »

Hello, please need some help, I was unable to find any way to Subsidiary acquire a Technology from Parent company? I bought tech on my parent company via Parent Company HQ, but my production lines under my subsidiary company, and because subsidiary don't have HQ's I'm stack on old tech, how can share tech from parent company to subsidiary? What "Acquire Tech" under Subsidiary CEO Expansion Strategies tab actually do?
Zeke_Bohansen
Level 2 user

Re: Subsidiary Question

Post by Zeke_Bohansen »

I don't think you can acquire tech without a CEO and HQ.

Once you have both, use the CEO of the subsidiary to buy the tech from your corp, you can jack up the price
to make some profit on the deal.
foxtrotf
Level 2 user

Post by foxtrotf »

How exactly, do you acquire tech using subsidiary CEO? All CEO, CTO, etc were setup in HQ. But I did not found any way of subsidiary CEO can purchase any technology, just checkbox "Acquire Tech" in "Management Policies", but I don't understand, when and how this checkbox work.
woody
Level 2 user

Post by woody »

First you've to setup a headquarter for your subsidiary.

There you set up a CEO's office.

After that you have the possibility to acquire tech on behalf of your subsidiary.
Attachments
Headquarter.png
Headquarter.png (667.59 KiB) Viewed 2039 times
foxtrotf
Level 2 user

Post by foxtrotf »

woody wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:14 pm First you've to setup a headquarter for your subsidiary.

There you set up a CEO's office.

After that you have the possibility to acquire tech on behalf of your subsidiary.
OMG. Thank you so much! I accidentally already build HQ for the subsidiary, and forgot about it, so when I tried to build for the second time, an option was disabled, so I thought that there's no way to build HQ. And HQ button in Left menu leads always to Main company HQ, even if you select subsidiary in bottom menu. Thank you once again!