Local Competitors and the Future

Post here if you have any strategy tips to share
Danomav

Local Competitors and the Future

Post by Danomav »

I never played the game for 20+ years, but have some questions about playing for a long run

1. Does the local competitors' overall rating ever increase over time? Like, can they start with product with overall rating at 20 in 1990 and then grow to have the overall rating 50 in 2000?

2. If you set the product reinvention, does that mean that there is no local competition for the reinvented product forever? Or does the local competitors ever reinvent their own product after a long time?

3. Sometimes the seaports do not have any importing items because there are no more products to import... But is it possible that over time, these "empty" seaports start importing new products? Even if the constant supply is turned to ON?

4. Does AI companies ever build eCommerce? Never seen them do so yet.

5. When there is the disruption to traditional media in Digital DLC, when does this disruption start to become clear? Will these traditional media outlet still remain profitable (assuming that you do not advertise using your own media firms)?

Thank you for all these answers, I appreciate them
CapitalismLabStory
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Re: Local Competitors and the Future

Post by CapitalismLabStory »

Hi, I'll try to answer what I know based on my experience.

1. Yes, I tried the Food and Beverage challenge, stupid me forgot a lot of things about the game, I forgot to do R&D, I had high quality products but branding was poor also. My competitors did a merger and now this big company was using range brand and had branding of 90+. Their quality was also good. At some point I was buy citric acid from a competitor whose quality was 50ish. So they do improve.

3. Never had a time where seaports don't have products. But I don't like playing with the same supply of products at sea ports so I may not know this.

Sorry not much help but the other DLC I haven't played them yet as I just played the original one last time.