Income Statement improvements

General discussions about the release versions of Capitalism Lab
azz09

Income Statement improvements

Post by azz09 »

Hi guys

I'd love to be able to compare full year results in my income statement, to see year-on-year changes to things like revenue, profit etc. At the moment the player has to wait until the last day of the year and quickly pause the game, then click on last year and compare it to his year. It would be great to have an area in the income statement that shows "annual report" financials (perhaps a new clickable tab next to Income statement and Balance sheet), which gives you your last 5 years of full-year results.

A great way to do this is to have a popup come up at the end of the final day in the year saying "Annual Report year XXXX is now ready" and allows the player to view it, and the annual report shows the full results vs previous year, along with a % change. This would be a nice way to show how your business performed over the course of the year in a more satisfying and structured way.
saffgee
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Re: Income Statement improvements

Post by saffgee »

This sort of ties in with my post a few weeks ago: http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... =14&t=7589

A more structured view of how things are progressing year over year (as a comparison to the prior period) would be nice. Quarterly sales reports that show your progress versus the same quarter last year would also be amazing - most large corporates provide quarterly updates nowadays. Part of the beauty of the game is that it is complex enough to almost be a role-playing game; you care intimately about your company and your progress within the game and I think things like this can help the immersion immensely.
azz09

Post by azz09 »

Really cool ideas. Yeah I definitely feel like we need more structured information about company performance in general. Even things like market-share increases over the course of the year for your main products etc. But yeah - the income statement is definitely in need of some love.
Vitorcm

Post by Vitorcm »

+1
FIIIIIG
Level 2 user

Post by FIIIIIG »

+1
mdemircan2
Level 4 user