Diesel/Gas Retail Issue

General discussions about the release versions of Capitalism Lab
Shaade

Diesel/Gas Retail Issue

Post by Shaade »

I am trying a a "Gas Giant" strategy with the Real World mod , but strange things are happening.

My Diesel Fuel quality is 99, brand is 10, selling for 48$ for a total of 61 overall appeal. I have 3 stations in high traffic areas.
My competitor has a single station. His diesel quality is 53, 0 brand, selling at 64$ for an overall score of 0.
Similar numbers for Gasoline.

The issue is that he has 3 times my market share and his station demand is going through the roof, while my three stations have zero demand and no sales.
The city average is 35$, 38 quality and 57 brand, with an overall score of 67.

I thought this is a temporary problem, but after two months my demand is still at 0.
I would have thought my current setup is a winner, but I am facing either a bug or a major misunderstanding of the game engine.

I am running the version 7.1.05.
CapitalismLabStory
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Re: Diesel/Gas Retail Issue

Post by CapitalismLabStory »

I feel like this has happened to me as well.

I often find the AIs retail are always better than mine and they make more money and sell it better.

I might have the best product in the market and traffic index being really high (buy good land at start of the game) but my sales never amount much.

I've seen discount megastores give me good money like really good money with good returns but the specialized stores don't sell a lot.

Has it happened to you also?
whiskiz
Level 2 user

Re: Diesel/Gas Retail Issue

Post by whiskiz »

bold move playing such an old simulation game with mods

looking at this forum the AI is messed up in some areas in general - without mods, let alone with players having added/edited stuff