Political Strings & Gaming the Stock Market

Post here if you have any strategy tips to share
Trevormifur9

Political Strings & Gaming the Stock Market

Post by Trevormifur9 »

Everyone talks about being a real estate tycoon, being Warren Buffett, building a retail empire like Walmart..

But what about making the nations economy your puppet and pulling the strings from behind closed doors?

This is a pretty late game tactic because it takes a large amount of funds to get your party elected in every city but it’s very powerful once there. It also required a lot of cash to fully capitalize on.

It’s simple... FIRST using your player company, subsidiaries, CEO, etc buy up as much stock as you can.

Then set your cities up to succeed. Moderately low income tax rates, fairly good unemployment rates, ZERO business/corporate tax to incentivize economic growth. Issue bonds and invest in commercial, apartments, just do everything you can to make the economy boom and put money in the pockets of your citizens.

Then... flip the switch. Slowly sell off all the stock owned and when you’ve emptied your bag... shut off everything. High tax rates, super high rent, no unemployment benefits. If you own state owned media buildings, max out the advertising rates.

Over the course of a few years everything should stall, the cities will go bankrupt or close and ya your approval rating will probably suck but the 500-1000%+ gains will be more than adequate to buy up the stocks at the bottom again.
pookar
Level 3 user

Re: Political Strings & Gaming the Stock Market

Post by pookar »

Interesting. I was do that every time i played caplab. By control the cities i almost control everything. I also play stock strategy, my own company have no firm, no product, no at all. I am using subsidiary to make a cash.

Last time i play different strategy to maintain city population to 0 growth. To raise GDP per capita. Very exciting game :)