What's the point of researching a tech over 100?

General discussions about the release versions of Capitalism Lab
whiskiz
Level 2 user

What's the point of researching a tech over 100?

Post by whiskiz »

it seems that in RnD 100 tech points gives the max possible quality bonus from research

for example i researched cereal bars and whether it's 100 or 150+, it still only gives the full 50% bonus from research to overall quality (the raw material quality making up the rest)

or in other words 50/50 in production tech, in "analysis mode" when checking the product out - which stays 50/50 even if i research higher

but if the goal was just to get to 100, why can much higher numbers be achieved? and why are AI researching into the multiple hundreds?
pookar
Level 3 user

Re: What's the point of researching a tech over 100?

Post by pookar »

To keep your product competitive at the highest level of quality, a competitor may beat you if you stop researching. Or if tech disruption is on, your product quality will down by the time.
whiskiz
Level 2 user

Re: What's the point of researching a tech over 100?

Post by whiskiz »

ah good to know, i thought it'd stay 50/50 once 100+ is reached which is weird but how it looks like it works

good to know competition affects that 50/50 by i guess some sort of % based on much higher their tech is

i also like the idea of tech degradation more so, to justify continued research - kind of like with advertising

thanks