Need suggestion on running Capitalism Lab in M1 MBP

General discussions about the release versions of Capitalism Lab
Lovevas

Need suggestion on running Capitalism Lab in M1 MBP

Post by Lovevas »

Hi,

I recently installed Parallels 17 on my M1 MBP 14inch with windows 11 installed.

I then installed capitalism lab, and I was able to get to the game menu page. But after I set full screen mode, now every time when I open the game, I won't get to menu page, but seeing this error:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library:
Assertion failed!
Program: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\prl_umdd.dll
File: d:\jenkins\workspacce\pdfm-17.0.1\sources\too...\ummain.c
Line: 2895

Expression: pSrcResource -> r.FormatID == pDstResource --> r.FormatID

Thanks!
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Need suggestion on running Capitalism Lab in M1 MBP

Post by David »

I would recommend that you try running CapLab under VirtualBox for Mac. Here are the instructions:

You may download VirtualBox for free from its official web site at: https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

On the web site, select “OS X hosts” to download and run the installer. After the installation, you can find an Oracle VM VirtualBox icon in the “Applications” folder in the Finder.

For more detailed installation instructions, you may watch this video prepared by the staff of De La Salle University who use Capitalism Lab for teaching: https://youtu.be/Qn4Jm-qMNcE
Lovevas

Post by Lovevas »

Hmmm, Thank you David! I think Virtulbox does not support M1 Mac, but only Intel-based Mac
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Lovevas wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:10 pm I then installed capitalism lab, and I was able to get to the game menu page. But after I set full screen mode, now every time when I open the game, I won't get to menu page, but seeing this error:
Were you able to run Capitalism Lab in windowed mode?
geek180
Level 2 user

Post by geek180 »

I'm running Capitalism really well in Full Screen mode at 4k resolution on my M1 MBP using Parallels 17 + Windows 11. I did not ever see OP's error, but there was a lot of lag at first. The trick was to modify the compatibility settings, not only for the main exe, but also for the launcher as well. Now the game runs smoother than ever.

One annoying thing is if I happen to minimize the game and jump back to Windows at any point (which I usually do a lot), the mouse will be laggy when I come back to the game. It's fixed after I exit and restart the game.