Appartments and Commercial Buildings

General discussions about the release versions of Capitalism Lab
Niduin

Appartments and Commercial Buildings

Post by Niduin »

Hi there,

i wonder what ist the different between all the buildable Appartments and Commercial Buldings ?

I can select 6 Types of each. But what ist the different them exept the costs?

Do they have different capacities?
Can i see these somewhere?
Pietro
Mod Contributor
Mod Contributor

Re: Appartments and Commercial Buildings

Post by Pietro »

Hi !

The differences between those are their size/capacity which seem roughly proportionnal to their base cost.

You can have access to more in-depth interaction with the city economic simulation DLC, which i used to try and get some value:
CITYslider.jpg
CITYslider.jpg (868.5 KiB) Viewed 2320 times
Here i set up the default 100 value.
CITYdlc.jpg
CITYdlc.jpg (668.12 KiB) Viewed 2320 times
This menu has the information displayed with the DLC. under the red arrow, the icon allow you to switch between Demand, Supply, and Index of housing and commercial.

From a quick test the values for apartments are roughly 8500 place, 12000, 13000, 16000, 15000, 22000. It's not so easy to be sure because there's always a little time required for the value to update during which the AI can remove some little house. But it seem proportionnal roughly. And i expect it to be the same for commercial building.

The monthly maintenance cost is also somewhat proportionnal, so an empty large appartment will cost more money than an empty small apartment in the same city.

For the prices , the building and running cost seem to depend on the real wage rate of the city so it depends over time and accross cities. And the income seem to depend on the price of the land on which it's built for one part, on the GPD growth, on the access to green and sport / community facilities and so on. This influencing the base price per square meter. And then the more expensive the building the more square meter.

Also they look different but i think that was not the point of the question :)