Euro, Yen, GBP, RMB, [User Defined]

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here

Should we have alternate currencies?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:08 am

Yes! It is central to investment, that is- mirror currencies to invest into that country with
50%
No way, it would be too confusing
50%
Maybe/I don't use the stock market/Finance DLC
No votes

Total votes: 8

Anathelus

Euro, Yen, GBP, RMB, [User Defined]

Post by Anathelus »

Proposal:
To introduce additional currencies alongside the USD. The way this will work will ensure it does not deviate from the game nor force the developers to do more programming.
The world reserve currency (for now) is the USD. All currencies will be tied to its performance, however the player can have up to 3 currencies (maybe more?) active at one time.

Defining strength/weakness of currencies:
Using the same metrics the game captures but simply copying them for the currencies and modifying them. The game can connect to a source like XE or something to define its currency ratios/strength at the start of the game.

Impact on gameplay:
It will allow a greater measure of gameplay with regards to loans, debt, stocks, bonds and all the way to normal business!
You can take a loan in one currency, exchange it at a profit for another, purchase goods and import to a city that has lower tax rates. (I forgot to mention all currencies get taxed according to the local flat rate [to make it easy for the devs])

This is off the top of my head so any suggestions for improvements please do put down, I welcome all comments or criticism
I should mention, obviously this applies to the Financial DLC and elements of the subsidiary DLC.

Additionally in another future suggestion I will detail the use of the internet for investment. The poll runs for 30 days just to ensure reasonable window for discussion and consultation with the mods/devs.
XrstN1

Re: Euro, Yen, GBP, RMB, [User Defined]

Post by XrstN1 »

Good Idea but i think we need something like Ewallets or Crypto instead of new currency :)