Move stores, factories, warehouses to other cities?

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here

Yes
46%
No
54%

Total votes: 13

mohmaaytah
Level 3 user

Post by mohmaaytah »

As tax regimes, city proficiencies in product groups changes over time, it would be great to be able to move the structures to new cities rather than setting everything up from scratch.

There should be a sizeable cost involved in doing this, possibly a multiple of the normal setup cost?
Yimmy
Level 3 user

Re: Move stores, factories, warehouses to other cities?

Post by Yimmy »

Might i suggest you include research centers as well so a player can take advantage of city compettiveness and merged ai centers that should be to a different city.
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

sorry no the concept of just picking up a building and all the staff and dropping them in a new city is not feasible or realistic.

I wouldn't object to a city wanting to attract employers by offering funding towards new building/set up/tax breaks but moving buildings between cities no
Yimmy
Level 3 user

Post by Yimmy »

cantdownloadit wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:58 pm sorry no the concept of just picking up a building and all the staff and dropping them in a new city is not feasible or realistic.

I wouldn't object to a city wanting to attract employers by offering funding towards new building/set up/tax breaks but moving buildings between cities no
I have a different opinion. I have read numerous reports of companies Relocating their facilities to other locatios in different cities. These relocated facilities can include research, manufacturing and even HQ.
ohms_law
Level 3 user

Post by ohms_law »

All you need to do is demo and rebuild in the new city. It's not that hard, or expensive.
Yimmy
Level 3 user

Post by Yimmy »

ohms_law wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:34 pm All you need to do is demo and rebuild in the new city. It's not that hard, or expensive.
The stated purpose of the poll is to avoid setting up the relocated building from scratch. An inter-city relocation option for buildings is certainly easier and faster than your chosen style of building from scratch. Whether it is more popular and palatable to others will be decided by the poll's results -- so far not too favorable for the poll.
ohms_law
Level 3 user

Post by ohms_law »

Not needed. There's a duplicate firm option, so you do that and the firm is "moved", then go back and demo the old one.
Yimmy
Level 3 user

Post by Yimmy »

ohms_law wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:57 pm Not needed. There's a duplicate firm option, so you do that and the firm is "moved", then go back and demo the old one.
I have to admit, you got me on this one. I have used the duplicate feature quite often between cities. Didn't occur to me to use it as a substitute for relocation. Good suggestion; I can't speak for the poll's author, but I am satisfied with your alternative.
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

the thing I would like is when you move a firm - an option to sell the land at the same time, my ocd nature makes me go and sell the land squares after
mohmaaytah
Level 3 user

Post by mohmaaytah »

To be honest I haven’t tried the duplicate function, wasn’t even aware of it! Will look into it.