(MOD) REALWORLD 11.5 (it requires Digital Age DLC to run) by Piermario

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
NeueZeit

Re: (MOD) REALWORLD 11.5 (it requires Digital Age DLC to run) by Piermario

Post by NeueZeit »

David wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:10 pm
There is a "Real World" mod and a "Real World Service Edition" mod... Does the latter include the first? Could you please clarify the gap? I already read the website but it's not very clear to me. Also, there are so many articles about modding and each says something... I'm really confused. I would really like to have one place to consult and get everything I need (as in any documentation).
Please read the following web page for more details:
https://www.capitalismlab.com/service-firms/
I also have another question : the Real World mod downloaded by the app does not include the DBF files (like Product_Types file, etc). What should I do to get those files ? I'm struggling to expand the busines because I need to know the freight cost in advance, to make better business decisions. From what I understood, the column FREIGHT in the Product_Types file represents the freight index, but how would I use it to make rough estimates of what to expect? Exporting a bottled milk can cost 1.00 (the freight is worth more than the production cost), so I need to know the formula that will allow me to know how to distribute my products and/or if I need to produce them locally.. Also, some cities are closer than others, so I need to know how to calculate these things... I spent a lot of time reading in the forum and the website, I also checked in the game, but couldn't find the information I need to take my decisions. So, I can't expand for now because that would be speculation. I would really appreciate your help.

Please see my reply about the freight costs in this post: https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewt ... 135#p38135

Can someone please explain, how those both mods relate to each other? There is a "Real World" mod and a "Real World Service Edition" mod... Does the latter include the first?