[New function][Image][Poll] How full should Purchase units to provide "Raw material" to connected Mft's stock ?

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here

Do you want this new function to serve you for Purchase units on your factories ?

Yes, I want it to serve me, please ! !
83%
I have better idea, look my comment below.
17%

Total votes: 12

foran
Level 3 user

[New function][Image][Poll] How full should Purchase units to provide "Raw material" to connected Mft's stock ?

Post by foran »

How full should Purchase units to provide "Raw material" to connected Mft's Raw material stock ?
Because I found it's such a     waste of money      to keep Mft's Raw material stock full all the time...
So, :idea: it's a new slider that you can earlier adjust the level,
because it can save A LOT OF money to reduce costs on Mft's stock ! !
what do you think ?

Do you want this new function to serve you for Purchase units on your factories ? ;)
Poll if you like it ! ! ↑ ↑ ↑
I'm a Lucky man, with a brave heart to face of any difficulties of life!
Yimmy
Level 3 user

Re: [New function][Image][Poll] How full should Purchase units to provide "Raw material" to connected Mft's stock ?

Post by Yimmy »

Although I don't wish to claim that I have a better idea, I voted that way because I wish to expand on Foran's existing idea. My comment is as follows:

Inventory Management Option. l propose this idea to see if it has interest and/or whether it would be too difficult to program for AI companies to make efficient use of the option.

An option to activate a "Fill percentage" for a factory's reservoirs (purchasing, manufacturing, sales, etc) would allow a player to conserve crucial early-game cash by restricting the purchase of some selected materials. This would make it easier to build a larger factory initially in anticipation of future plans to expand the product to the point where it needs the capacity of the larger facility. Absent this inventory option, the player must either choose to: 1) build numerous smaller factories or 2) devote cash to inventory that won't be used for many years until the player expands the retail infrastructure to utilize the large inventory.
It might also be possible to include this option for farms and retail stores. This option could also have the additional benefit of reducing lost inventory when some products become obsolete or when a player plans to convert to different, more lucrative products.

Currently, building reservoirs are filled to capacity if resources are available. A player must stop purchasing a product and wait for sales to empty the reservoirs to avoid losing inventory and the investment that goes with the lost inventory. An option to limit inventory to a percentage of capacity enables the player to plan ahead in preparation for a product's obsolescence or transition to different products. This subsequently reduces lost inventory and hastens product conversion times if a player chooses not to write off the inventory that occurs during a instantaneous conversion.

A player choosing to activate an inventory management option could experience an increased need to micro-manage by tracking their buildings to determine when they are ready to activate full capacity inventory.
Yimmy
Level 3 user

Re: [New function][Image][Poll] How full should Purchase units to provide "Raw material" to connected Mft's stock ?

Post by Yimmy »

Foran: Sliders are difficult to interpret unless numerical values are shown with them; might i suggest you add numerical values to your sliders?
mdemircan2
Level 4 user

Post by mdemircan2 »

Yimmy wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:19 pm Foran: Sliders are difficult to interpret unless numerical values are shown with them; might i suggest you add numerical values to your sliders?

good idea!
Stylesjl
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by Stylesjl »

I like this option. Perhaps add the following as well:

A slider at the Headquarters to manage for all factories/warehouses/etc.
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

While I probably wouldn't use it to much in once firms are set up, this would be helpful for when you initially set up firms.

I find you stick down a few factories and sudden surge to fill up creates shortages everywhere. So ideally something like this where you can slowly ramp up the purchase of all inputs. Otherwise I find if you do it with AI companies they set up loads of new factories to cover the shortfall.. that become useless as soon as factories have filled up.
mdemircan2
Level 4 user

Post by mdemircan2 »

I liked this idea