Realistic Start

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here
Morlin

Realistic Start

Post by Morlin »

Hello guys

Fairly new with this game and so far i like it. But one thing that has been bothering me is that regardless of what setup you use to customize your game it seems that you always start in a "fresh/empty" market.

I mean even with minimum cash and 240% difficulty it seems pretty easy to get going without problem. I usually take a loan and start a tobacco farm, produce cigarettes and cigars and sell them in a convenience store + online. I reach market dominance in a few years and 10m+ in yearly profit. This obviously wouldn't be possible in real life even without government restrictions

I am aware that the white in the piechart are your "local competitors" but they really dont seem to do much of a difference

I suppose one workaround is to let the game run a bit before you actually start but it would be great if it was possible to start in an already established market

I mean realistically if i was to create a company today, i would have to compete in a pretty rigorous and tough market. This type of "break through and establish" challenge doesnt seem to exist in this game

Ive also checked the mod list and noone seem to do this

So to boil it down, i'd love a "realistic start" option that generates a bunch of already established companies. Im aware that it would probably be impossible to establish every single product since there are so many, but maybe in combination with restricting the amount of goods it would be possible
choum
Level 3 user

Re: Realistic Start

Post by choum »

Thanks Morlin, i'm agree with you even with high difficiluty the game is not challenging enough, i'd love a smarter AI (not cheating ones).
As i remember you can use a script to allow some AI to be establish before you start.
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

Closest you can get is use the script option to give AI up to 100 year head start
mdemircan2
Level 4 user

Post by mdemircan2 »

Morlin wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:01 pm Hello guys

Fairly new with this game and so far i like it. But one thing that has been bothering me is that regardless of what setup you use to customize your game it seems that you always start in a "fresh/empty" market.

I mean even with minimum cash and 240% difficulty it seems pretty easy to get going without problem. I usually take a loan and start a tobacco farm, produce cigarettes and cigars and sell them in a convenience store + online. I reach market dominance in a few years and 10m+ in yearly profit. This obviously wouldn't be possible in real life even without government restrictions

I am aware that the white in the piechart are your "local competitors" but they really dont seem to do much of a difference

I suppose one workaround is to let the game run a bit before you actually start but it would be great if it was possible to start in an already established market

I mean realistically if i was to create a company today, i would have to compete in a pretty rigorous and tough market. This type of "break through and establish" challenge doesnt seem to exist in this game

Ive also checked the mod list and noone seem to do this

So to boil it down, i'd love a "realistic start" option that generates a bunch of already established companies. Im aware that it would probably be impossible to establish every single product since there are so many, but maybe in combination with restricting the amount of goods it would be possible
I like your idea
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

In the current version CapLab, you can access the settings from the new game menu asides from using a script.
Attachments
advancedStart.png
advancedStart.png (848.96 KiB) Viewed 580 times