Tips for improving game running speed

General discussions about the release versions of Capitalism Lab
rafaeltodero
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Re: Tips for improving game running speed

Post by rafaeltodero »

I think this tip is very important. It would be really cool if she was in the game along with the other tips. Here in the Forum not everyone enters, and sometimes there are a lot of posts and that makes it "hidden".
luckhomerun

Post by luckhomerun »

I observed that the game currently utilizes only one core on the CPU. In contemporary times, CPU advancements focus on increasing the number of cores rather than elevating the speed of a particular core. I believe there is significant potential for enhanced late-game performance if you explore the possibility of implementing multi-threading. By structuring each opponent as a separate task, it could be feasible to distribute these tasks across different threads with relative ease. This approach has the potential to tap into the full power of modern multi-core processors, thereby optimizing overall game performance.
mohmaaytah
Level 3 user

Post by mohmaaytah »

Using more than one core has been discussed before but due to the size of the dev team it would take a significant amount of time and effort which could otherwise be used to add to the core features of the game.